Credit Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello-

I have a question concerning my credit history and FICO score that I thought someone might be able to address.

I have a couple of negative items on my credit report, such as a charge-off and an account in collections. These items are from 2 years ago.

Basically, I am wondering if I should contact the creditors to resolve (pay) these accounts - in other words, would paying a charge-off and collections account increase my FICO score significantly?

I know some of you are going through home-buying processes and other types of credit transactions and seem to be fairly knowledgable on the subject. I appreciate any advice/insight you can provide.