Credit towards surgery intern year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038980

I completed a family medicine intern year, which included to surgery rotations. I've worked as a GP for two years. How much credit would I get towards a surgery intern year?

Members don't see this ad.

I completed a family medicine intern year, which included to surgery rotations. I've worked as a GP for two years. How much credit would I get towards a surgery intern year?
Zero.

people who do a full surgery prelim year and reapply for the match and start as PGY-1s still have to do 60 months of residency.

were you able to match surgery or is all this hypothetical?

Hypothetical. But there are programs who are seeking a replacement as a PGY2 and they are willing to take credit from someone else's PGY1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hypothetical. But there are programs who are seeking a replacement as a PGY2 and they are willing to take credit from someone else's PGY1 year.

Those spots are for people who did an entire year or more of surgery. Two surgery rotations as an intern several years ago aren't going to get any credit, nor will any medical rotations.

Reactions: 3 users
it's highly unlikely that you will get credit for a non surgical internship year