Credits towards IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

partusa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am finishing Nuclear Medicine residency next year (2012), which has NO JOB MARKET (check the forum for: end of pure nucs is the US), and I am planning to apply to Internal Medicine residency.

My question is: Do I get any credits towards Internal Medicine residency from my previous internship (Surgery) and/or from Nuclear Medicine ?

I will appreciate your help and feedback,

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am finishing Nuclear Medicine residency next year (2012), which has NO JOB MARKET (check the forum for: end of pure nucs is the US), and I am planning to apply to Internal Medicine residency.

My question is: Do I get any credits towards Internal Medicine residency from my previous internship (Surgery) and/or from Nuclear Medicine ?

I will appreciate your help and feedback,

Thank you all!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

The most "credit" you could possibly get from a Surgery internship would be from an ER month but that's not really worth the hassle (for you or the program) since it's just a month and wouldn't materially affect your amount of time in the program.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

The most "credit" you could possibly get from a Surgery internship would be from an ER month but that's not really worth the hassle (for you or the program) since it's just a month and wouldn't materially affect your amount of time in the program.

Yeap, I completely agree. One month would not make a difference in a 3 year residency.

Thank you for your reply

Thank you for your replyyyyyyyyyyy