Credits towards IM

Started by partusa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

partusa

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am finishing Nuclear Medicine residency next year (2012), which has NO JOB MARKET (check the forum for: end of pure nucs is the US), and I am planning to apply to Internal Medicine residency.

My question is: Do I get any credits towards Internal Medicine residency from my previous internship (Surgery) and/or from Nuclear Medicine ?

I will appreciate your help and feedback,

Thank you all!
 
Hi,

I am finishing Nuclear Medicine residency next year (2012), which has NO JOB MARKET (check the forum for: end of pure nucs is the US), and I am planning to apply to Internal Medicine residency.

My question is: Do I get any credits towards Internal Medicine residency from my previous internship (Surgery) and/or from Nuclear Medicine ?

I will appreciate your help and feedback,

Thank you all!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

The most "credit" you could possibly get from a Surgery internship would be from an ER month but that's not really worth the hassle (for you or the program) since it's just a month and wouldn't materially affect your amount of time in the program.
 
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

The most "credit" you could possibly get from a Surgery internship would be from an ER month but that's not really worth the hassle (for you or the program) since it's just a month and wouldn't materially affect your amount of time in the program.

Yeap, I completely agree. One month would not make a difference in a 3 year residency.

Thank you for your reply

Thank you for your replyyyyyyyyyyy