Creedmore Psychiatric Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prominence

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experiences with Creedmore's psychiatry residency program? I would appreciate any input from medical students who have rotated there, previous interviewees, or past/current psych residents at Creedmore? Thank you in advance.

btw, i appreciate the reply anasazi.

Members don't see this ad.

to answer ur question anasazi, family reasons.

anyone care to share their thoughts/experiences about Creedmore's psych residency program?

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope this isn't too late - apartment and internet troubles have kept me away.

creedmore is an FMG/IMG friendly psych residency. i'm pretty sure there isn't a single US grad in the small bunch.

i interviewed there and the residents are very happy - i can't stress that enough. i think they have a ton of free time. they live in queens and go to the city at least once a week starting in their 2nd year. they were also very friendly, i've met at least 3 of their residents and they were nothing but nice.

the faculty was a little snobby - i think some of them trained at Columbia, but i never think that's an excuse. residents do a lot of rotations at Columbia prespetryian (i really can't spell) including i believe their ER rotation. they also rotate at St. John's Episcopal which is in Far Rockaway (not the best neighborhood) but that's only for a few months, and it is a cake walk compared to most rotations.

not exactly timely, but i hope it helps.

mollywobbles said:
i hope this isn't too late - apartment and internet troubles have kept me away.

creedmore is an FMG/IMG friendly psych residency. i'm pretty sure there isn't a single US grad in the small bunch.

i interviewed there and the residents are very happy - i can't stress that enough. i think they have a ton of free time. they live in queens and go to the city at least once a week starting in their 2nd year. they were also very friendly, i've met at least 3 of their residents and they were nothing but nice.

the faculty was a little snobby - i think some of them trained at Columbia, but i never think that's an excuse. residents do a lot of rotations at Columbia prespetryian (i really can't spell) including i believe their ER rotation. they also rotate at St. John's Episcopal which is in Far Rockaway (not the best neighborhood) but that's only for a few months, and it is a cake walk compared to most rotations.

not exactly timely, but i hope it helps.

Yes but isn't it true they are on call 2x a week? a little excessive no?