Creighton acceptance w/o interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often does Creighton accepts its students w/o an interview invitation? I sent an email to Diane Travis today to check on my application status and this is what she said.

"At this time of year the Admissions Committee has hundreds of completed application to review. There will be no decisions sent to anyone until the first round of acceptances are sent out on December 1, 2008.
Interviews by invitation are done from September through December. The Admissions Committee will not be inviting anyone else this cycle as all slots are filled. If an applicant still wishes to come and speak with our Director, Dr. Frank Ayers and tour the school, they may do so. These are conducted from January through April. Keep in mind that interviews are not mandatory and it is possible to be accepted without one."

I have never heard about this untill now. I wonder if I have any chance of getting acceptance there w/o interview...since I won't be getting interview invitation anymore :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

good luck with your application. i didn't know creighton accepts students without interviews either. do you think they aim to fill their class with the first wave of acceptances on Dec. 1st? Do you guys know if they accept most of their interviewees?

good luck with your application. i didn't know creighton accepts students without interviews either. do you think they aim to fill their class with the first wave of acceptances on Dec. 1st? Do you guys know if they accept most of their interviewees?

I am a Creighton undergrad. From what I've been told, December 1st is generally the date that they send out acceptances to their undergrad students and applicants from the 5 states they have contracts with (Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, North Dakota). These admitted students have 45 days to respond and then another round of acceptances go out on January 15. By that point in time the class is generally filled up.

As far as interviews, I know that they do not require them of Creighton undergrads but I'm pretty sure that most other candidates do need to go through the interview process with Dr. Ayers if they are a serious candidate.

Hope that helps a little!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's interesting because a rep from Creighton was at my school last month and told us that he's never heard of anybody getting in w/o an interview! Now I'm just confused. On the other hand, I wasn't offered an interview at Creighton nor was I rejected, so I wonder if this means there's still a chance (however unlikely)

A dentist I used to play basketball with was one of the contract acceptances from Utah. He didn't have to interview with the school, but did interview with some dude at the University of Utah. Don't know exactly how it works, but the first time he set foot on campus was months after he was accepted.

A dentist I used to play basketball with was one of the contract acceptances from Utah. He didn't have to interview with the school, but did interview with some dude at the University of Utah. Don't know exactly how it works, but the first time he set foot on campus was months after he was accepted.

FYI

The state of Utah (and Idaho) has a program called RDEP, kind of like WICHE for some other states, but a tad different. You are interviewed at Utah, and sometimes at Creighton, and if accepted, go to the University of Utah Med school for the first year and and the last 3 at Creighton. you pay Utah in-state med school tuition but you have to return to practice in Utah. It is an interesting program (discounted tuition, etc.). i have a friend that is in it right now- never interviewed at creighton either

just thought you'd like to know.

you can read more at http://uuhsc.utah.edu/dental/RDEP/Creighton.html

i should stress that he never went to creighton for an interview, but did receive one from someone at U of U- who may have been a creighton rep- not sure.

lets hope this is why i haven't heard anything from them ...

To get accepted without an interview is like taking a nice shortcut to matriculation! GL everyone!

Last edited: