Creighton Alternates

Started by pharmD99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmD99

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what Creighton's process is for selecting alternates is? I already had an interview in Feb. Do they have a ranking system? How many people do they generally pull from the alternate list each year (assuming you have already interviewed)? Thanks!
 
I wasn't offered an interview but I am also in the alternate pool. When I talked to an admissions counselor, she told me that the distance alternate pool doesn't usually move a lot (~3 people) but they usually use a lot of alternates for the campus pathway. Good luck!
 
I was originally a campus program alternate following my interview. A month or so later I was informed that a spot was open for me and I accepted. I have never regretted the decision to come to Creighton.

If I understand correctly, the alternates are ranked and then offered spots when they become available if accepted students decide to attend other schools. I hate to say that if are an alternate without being given an interview it's probably unlikely you'll get in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone going to be interviewing on the 17th? I thought it was pretty late but i wasn't the most punctual on getting my stuff done so there you go..