Creighton Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nate G

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice from people that interviewed at Creighton. I have an interview at Creighton this Friday. Creighton already rejected me for this year(no degree, 17/16 DAT, less than 3.0 science GPA), but I figure my interview can help me prepare for my reapplication this summer. I will be retaking the DAT, will be graduated next year, and am working on boosting my GPA so that I will be seen as a stronger applicant for this next go around. What kinds of questions should I be ready for and what should I do to impress? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
tinman831 said:
How is it, that you have an interview, even though you've already been rejected?

It's Creighton. Creighton doesn't ask people to come for interviews. If you want an interview you call them and set it up. I set it up before they rejected me. Then I called to see if I should still come and they said to come anyway and they can go over my application and give me pointers for reapplying. Anyway, I still would like some help if anyone has gone through their regular interview process before.

Only in Nebraska... LOL.. I'm joking, I think its admirable that a school takes the time to be so personable. Nate G, I have a feeling that if you reapply there you'll be a shoe-in, good luck bud!!!

Dr. Ayers came to my school last Fall and a number of my classmates met with him for an unofficial interview. The major thing they felt Creighton wanted to know was "Why Creighton?" Do some serious looking into the school and have a solid reason why Creighton would be good for you, and why you would be good for Creighton. My buddy said, Dr. Aeyers was real compassionate and seemed to be very geniune. So look into his background maybe have some questions regarding his feelings and directions he would like to see the school go in? Also think about what you would like to know about the school. Having these questions readily available will make them see your real interest in there program. Good luck!

Don't forget about the interview feedback section of SDN either.

mochafreak said:
Don't forget about the interview feedback section of SDN either.

I can tell you right now that they will say to retake the DAT. I had the same DAT scores as you last year and they rejected me. The 17 AA is not hurting you but from what I gather the cutoff is 17 in the PA. I would definetely keep taking classes. Dr. Ayers told me to keep my transcript active. I retook the DAT and enrolled in a one year masters program. I got accepted this year and had every intention of going until I was accepted to OSU. Creighton is a great school. Good Luck.

I would wear your father-inlaws' suit. It worked for me. Kidding aside, I hope you enjoy your interview. Everything will go fine. Best of luck