Creighton Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's terrible! What state?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to look up admission status on Creighton's web page?(i.e. how many students have been offered a spot?)

Members don't see this ad :)
go to http://www2.creighton.edu/ and click the search up at the top right corner. Type in your last name and click "find person". If your name pops up it should have an email adress with your [email protected]. I dont know if this will tell you if you are accepted but I can't imagine they would give you a school email if you weren't accepted. I interviewed just over two weeks ago and my name was given an email 2 days ago.

Does anyone know how to look up admission status on Creighton's web page?(i.e. how many students have been offered a spot?)

I don't believe they post that information - not that I've ever seen. You may try calling them, though, and inquiring.

Thanks drugdoc,

Looking back I saw this in the interview feedback and was skeptical. Now I see that I must have misunderstood this.:oops: See below

(Piece from interview feedback tradition)
After interviewing, I think about 80% or more of the interviewees got in. The admission status is listed on their website. yeah, if you want to know your status after being interviewed, you can go to Creighton's website, click on search (right hand corner) and type in your last name. If your name is there, then you're in.

That won't give you the admission stats, though - how many spots are still available. That only gives you your acceptance.

U of MN gives a page on their site dedicated to showing # of applicants, # of remaining spots, etc. I think all schools should do this!

no kidding,:laugh:

That would save so much of Adcom's time, and lots of worry from prospective students.

Has anyone who interviewed on the 8th heard anything?

I interviewed on the 8th and I still haven't received anything either. I gave admissions a call yesterday and they said the 'correspondence' was sent on 2/20. I'm in the directory though, I hope this is good news!

I got accepted to the distance program! YAHOO!

I interviewed on the 8th as well and still no letter. My name is also on the directory though.
Congrats qtnatty.

Good luck CSU Biochem! I got my letter today! I'm in!! Yeah!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two more interview dates:). March 28th and April 4th. Both are on a Friday.

I got my letter today and I am in:D:):D. The letter did state that I needed more econ. and comp credits. I already have 6 semester hours of comp and 3 of econ though and I thought that was all I needed:confused:. Maybe I will call on Monday and work things out. Good luck to every one else.

I got my letter today and I am in:D:):D. The letter did state that I needed more econ. and comp credits. I already have 6 semester hours of comp and 3 of econ though and I thought that was all I needed:confused:. Maybe I will call on Monday and work things out. Good luck to every one else.

YAY! Congrats! Yes, I would call about the Econ and Comp. Enjoy your good news!

As another poster mentioned, there are only two interview dates left. Can anyone shed any light on the approximate time period of the PharmCas application mail date to actually receiving an interview letter? My PharmCas was not mailed until 2/26/08, but I did submit my application to PharmCas in mid-January and I know the school can review the files before they are mailed. When should those of us who have not actually interview received letters be expecting them, with such a late mail date? How soon before the actual interview ( I have heard one month stated before)? I would really appreciate that! Thank you!

CONGRATS to all those students accepted! It is well deserved!

PharmCAS mailed to Creighton 2/11,
PharmCAS recd 2/15,
Recd email from Creighton email stating application was complete and being reviewed by adcom 2/28.

( I was told by adcom that it would take 3 weeks to hear if you would be offered an interview after they receive your complete application. In my case it would be three weeks from 2/15)

I have not received notification of interview invite as of yet. Hopefully I will hear something on Monday.

Hope this helps!

PharmCAS mailed to Creighton 2/11,
PharmCAS recd 2/15,
Recd email from Creighton email stating application was complete and being reviewed by adcom 2/28.

( I was told by adcom that it would take 3 weeks to hear if you would be offered an interview after they receive your complete application. In my case it would be three weeks from 2/15)

I have not received notification of interview invite as of yet. Hopefully I will hear something on Monday.

Hope this helps!

That sounds about right. It's about 2-3 weeks for each transfer. This is really a competitive period for the school right now.

That sounds about right. It's about 2-3 weeks for each transfer. This is really a competitive period for the school right now.

Keeping in mind your helpful information. the date my applciation was sent (2/26/08), and the last interview date being April 4th, how can this process possible work in time?

Logically, they could not have students apply on time (a ceratin deadline) and still not be able to review the application properly right? I mean, I know that all of these schools should have the integrity to give each student a fair shot at reviewing their application. How would you suggest this works? Thanks for any help!

Keeping in mind your helpful information. the date my applciation was sent (2/26/08), and the last interview date being April 4th, how can this process possible work in time?

Logically, they could not have students apply on time (a ceratin deadline) and still not be able to review the application properly right? I mean, I know that all of these schools should have the integrity to give each student a fair shot at reviewing their application. How would you suggest this works? Thanks for any help!

Or the applicant could make sure their application was reviewed to the fullest extent by applying earlier.

That's not exactly what I was asking. I actually was not planning on applying to pharmacy school this year, because I thought I had to have a B.S. to be competitive. I latered discovered this was not the case. After I assured myself I would succeed in Organic Chemistry, which I knew was going to be really difficult, I decided to apply. This put me at a later range for applications, meaning that if I knew I was going to apply earler, I would have. Trust me, I applied to 11 undergraduate schools, so I know all about being prepared. We all have the same goal here: to get into Pharmacy School. I was simply asking what the time frame/school procedure is for my situation. I know that if I applied earlier that would have been better, but I can't go back now. We all need to be encouraging each other here and stating things as positively as possible. I hope that you meant your comment sincerely and not sarcastically, but I think you should realize that we are talking about people's dreams here, as you are one of these hopefuls, and it is kind to consider your remarks. Thanks!:)

That's not exactly what I was asking. I actually was not planning on applying to pharmacy school this year, because I thought I had to have a B.S. to be competitive. I latered discovered this was not the case. After I assured myself I would succeed in Organic Chemistry, which I knew was going to be really difficult, I decided to apply. This put me at a later range for applications, meaning that if I knew I was going to apply earler, I would have. Trust me, I applied to 11 undergraduate schools, so I know all about being prepared. We all have the same goal here: to get into Pharmacy School. I was simply asking what the time frame/school procedure is for my situation. I know that if I applied earlier that would have been better, but I can't go back now. We all need to be encouraging each other here and stating things as positively as possible. I hope that you meant your comment sincerely and not sarcastically, but I think you should realize that we are talking about people's dreams here, as you are one of these hopefuls, and it is kind to consider your remarks. Thanks!:)

I was being sincere as I was just trying to show that application review is a two-way street. It's probably a good bet to say that an app received earlier has more time to be reviewed, and that's on us as the applicant.

I apologize if my earlier post was perceived to be of negative tone...however I try to give the truth as I see it.:thumbup:

I'm still waiting as well........ I hope to hear from them soon.

For the interview invites, did u guys receive a call or email??

Isn't the deadline February 1st?

Isn't the deadline February 1st?

I submitted my Application on 1/29 to meet the deadline, but PharmCas did not mail it until 2/26.

Also, I was wondering what you guys think about the school extending the due date for the supplemental application. After most turned in their supplementals, the website indicated that the deadline was pushed back to March 1st. Any thoughts on the reasoning behind this? On the website the statement read "to allow additional time." I just thought that was unique.

Good luck tk1!:) Let me know if you hear anything!

I'm still waiting as well........ I hope to hear from them soon.

For the interview invites, did u guys receive a call or email??

Email

I am in the alternate pool for the web based program :oops::oops::oops:.

best of luck to you. I know it's difficult, b/c now you have to wait until the summer to find out what lies ahead. I was an alternate last year and it was torture. Don't give up!!! I recommend calling them to find out what their concerns were and try to address them. Also, reapply next year. I did and it worked!

At least one of my friends in the program was in the alternate pool, so they have taken from there in the past.

Good luck :)

best of luck to you. I know it's difficult, b/c now you have to wait until the summer to find out what lies ahead. I was an alternate last year and it was torture. Don't give up!!! I recommend calling them to find out what their concerns were and try to address them. Also, reapply next year. I did and it worked!

Thanks :). It's truly difficult being in the alternate pool.......I will have to wait and see. I am very sure my chances are very low:oops: to get accepted especially for the web based program.

At least one of my friends in the program was in the alternate pool, so they have taken from there in the past.

Good luck :)

Anyone know when the last interview date would be since they only interview till March?

did you get put into the alternate pool before or after your interview?? If before, have you been offered an interview since then?

I submitted my supplemental on January 4th, PharmCAS Jan 10th.

got my rejection letter from creighton today! but its okay b/c I got my acceptance letter from my first choice today as well! lol :D

got my rejection letter from creighton today! but its okay b/c I got my acceptance letter from my first choice today as well! lol :D

When was your interview at Creighton? Mine was on Feb. 22nd so I am wondering if anyone from that interview date has gotten a letter yet! Congrats on getting your first choice :)

When was your interview at Creighton? Mine was on Feb. 22nd so I am wondering if anyone from that interview date has gotten a letter yet! Congrats on getting your first choice :)

Thanks! I didn't even get an interview @ Creighton. I wish you the best of luck! :)

How did they contact you guys for interviews? Phone? email? letter?

Last year it was email.

Hey, is there anyone going to the march 28th interview? Also does anyone know what my chances of getting in are since I'm interviewing so late?

Hey, is there anyone going to the march 28th interview? Also does anyone know what my chances of getting in are since I'm interviewing so late?

I am interviewing on the 28th of March. I was supposed to interview on the 22nd of February, but we had an ice storm where I live (MO) and all the buses were canceled. I sent the admissions office an email, asking if they could tell me how many spots were remaining for the entering class, and they replied that they could not disclose that information, but "we would not be interviewing if there was no reason to do so." Not the best answer to your second question, but it's still an answer. Perhaps I will see you there.

I am interviewing on the 28th of March. I was supposed to interview on the 22nd of February, but we had an ice storm where I live (MO) and all the buses were canceled. I sent the admissions office an email, asking if they could tell me how many spots were remaining for the entering class, and they replied that they could not disclose that information, but "we would not be interviewing if there was no reason to do so." Not the best answer to your second question, but it's still an answer. Perhaps I will see you there.

Thanks! It's just nice to know other applicants who will be there. I'll see you in about two weeks.

When do you guys think that Creighton will keep sending Interview Invites out until? They just updated my supplemental status on PharmCas today, and I know Hoosier got a letter on 3/7/08 for 4/4/08. Are we thinking by next Monday if no letter is in hand, that it means there is probably little chance?

Thanks for any input!

From previous posts, your application status is as follows?

Mailed PharmCAS 2/26/08, Recd pharmcas approx 3/03
Supplemental complete 3/12, submitted 1/29

Humm. . . They have had your PharmCAS for almost two weeks and your supplemental for two days. . . if it is in the "yet to be evaluated" pile, it may take two weeks. Though, I think you will hear sooner than I did because the quantity of applicants they are receiving is probably tapering off. It took me a week to receive the invite after the email notification that my application was being reviewed by adcom. I know this does not help much, but I would go by a week after they email you notification of your application being reviewed.

I know that you are worried about the "timeline", your application being thoroughly evaluated, and how much longer will they offer invites. Adcom will offer invites until they are satisfied with the class they will be admitting.

This could also be why they extended the supplemental deadline. There could simply be a low number of applicants to the program this year. Who knows. If I had to guess, I would say they are probably close to filling up the April 4th interview though. Truthfully, they will probably fill the remaining seats from this interview.

Keep your hopes up though, I had an interview last year weeks after the so called final interview. . . along with 8 other people at Samford. Perhaps they will continue to interview. The only bad part. . . they only took 2 from that interview session. I was not one of them. One of the two that got in was a 4.0 student with chem biochem degrees and 4.0 Chem masters students.

There is less than three weeks until April 4th, you have a complete application, so prepare for the best news and get ready for your interview. If you wait until you hear something to prepare, you may not be well prepared for the interview.

Sorry for the long post, hope it answers your questions.

I really appreciate the time you took to respond! I am still hoping! I recieved an e-mail that my file was being evaluated on Friday! Here's hoping I recieve an interview e-mail too! :)