Creighton & Marquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seahawks22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything? Or has anyone withdrawn?

Members don't see this ad.

i have heard nothing from Creighton. Also, i've heard nothing from marquette, but i didn't apply there, so at least i've got that going for me. :luck: :luck:

I called Creighton a few days ago and they said as of now they have sent out enough invites to be full. They will know if they are actually full by feb 15 because that is when the deposits are due.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, well thats handy to know. Obviosly the mail man must have lost my acceptance letter, lol. I going to the post office to kick some ass now!! :) Seriously, u people don't actually expect me to believe that i haven't been excepted b/c i'm not among the best applicants do u? There's got to be another reason, something that has nothing to do me, like the alignment of the stars or something. I refuse to be held responsible for my own actions!! It's always someone elses fault!! lol :luck: :luck:

i applied to marquette last year and this year. Last year, i found out that i was on their alternate list about spring time, and that was with a 17 on the DAT. this year i have only heard that a decision has not yet been made, and i heard that in december. this year i have a 20 AA and 24 PA. I cant really figure out how they select their students.

I got accepted to these schools and I think that they are both great. Each has its strengths. Don't think you can go wronge with either.

Gone fishin,
when did you here from these schools and which one did you choose? Also, please list your stats.

I applied to Creighton, but I declined their offer of acceptance. So good luck filling that spot!

pbkid, did you get accepted in the first round of acceptances or the very recent second round? Also, will you list your stats? thanks

pbkid, did you get accepted in the first round of acceptances or the very recent second round? Also, will you list your stats? thanks

ill list my stats: 5'9", blue eyes, blond hair, i enjoy tough bussiness at dive bars with hard music, and rocking. I also like beer and bbq. and.. pastrami cheeseburgers :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :luck: :luck:

I was put on 'hold' at Marquette for the first round, then I got the rejection letter the other day. I have an interview at Temple next week, so me attending dental school in the fall doesn't look like its going to happen!

thomasjm said:
I was put on 'hold' at Marquette for the first round, then I got the rejection letter the other day. I have an interview at Temple next week, so me attending dental school in the fall doesn't look like its going to happen!

yeah, i understand, that sucks, same thing with me. well, not exactly the same situation, but most likely the same end result. :luck: :luck:

Okay, So I know that the 13th of Feb was the deadline for the second round of people accepted to put down their deposits are Marquette. Also, the 15th of Feb is the deadline for Creighton. Has anyone been accepted and is planning on rejecting thier acceptance? Also, has anyone been put on an alternate list at either school?

Seahawks22 said:
Okay, So I know that the 13th of Feb was the deadline for the second round of people accepted to put down their deposits are Marquette. Also, the 15th of Feb is the deadline for Creighton. Has anyone been accepted and is planning on rejecting thier acceptance? Also, has anyone been put on an alternate list at either school?
I was accepted to Creighton in December and put down my deposit, but just withdrew my acceptance today to attend UNC. So, there should be one more spot opened up.

that is good to know. I wonder if this will be happening more since lots of schools in Caliofornia are just now sending out acceptances? Did you also apply to marquette?

Seahawks22 said:
that is good to know. I wonder if this will be happening more since lots of schools in Caliofornia are just now sending out acceptances? Did you also apply to marquette?
No, I didn't apply to Marquette. Good luck to you.

Seahawks22 said:

does anyone know how full marquette's class is

I don't know how full Marquette is but I assume that they are not. I got a call from a lady at Marquette a week ago asking if I was still interested in attending their school. She said that they were short on manpower and had trouble contacting all of the people they liked in a timely manner. (Hey, it was a little better line than Louisville's "sorry, we have computer problems" line.) Therefor I don't think they are full yet. Good luck!

RSN-Dentite said:
I don't know how full Marquette is but I assume that they are not. I got a call from a lady at Marquette a week ago asking if I was still interested in attending their school. She said that they were short on manpower and had trouble contacting all of the people they liked in a timely manner. (Hey, it was a little better line than Louisville's "sorry, we have computer problems" line.) Therefor I don't think they are full yet. Good luck!

I called them TWO weeks ago and they told me they were full, although I'm still on their alternate list.... What was the lady's point, just to see if you're still interested? What all did she say?

Lake Powell Lvr said:
I called them TWO weeks ago and they told me they were full, although I'm still on their alternate list.... What was the lady's point, just to see if you're still interested? What all did she say?

um yeah... i agree that sounds incredibly unprofessional. i haven't heard of anyone getting calls unless it was an acceptance notification.

i called on monday and the lady told me that there class is full but will be meeting soon to decide who, out of all of us still on hold, will be on the alternate list....she also told me that last year 4 people were pulled from the alt list....hope this helps