You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Creighton Pre-Medical Post-Bac 2015
Started by longroad2here
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
GPA 3.4
MCAT < 25
I'm excited and nervous as heck! What state are you from?
MCAT < 25
I'm excited and nervous as heck! What state are you from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many interviews they sent out in past cycles?
Hi there! Welcome to the thread. What are your stats? Are you a Nebraska resident? I'm not certain how many people they interview, but I do know that they take about 9 folks per year into the program. We should be hearing something back in the next couple of weeks right?Does anyone know how many interviews they sent out in past cycles?
Hi there! Welcome to the thread. What are your stats? Are you a Nebraska resident? I'm not certain how many people they interview, but I do know that they take about 9 folks per year into the program. We should be hearing something back in the next couple of weeks right?
Wow only nine? Idk why I thought it was 15. No I'm not from Nebraska. Yes by Feb.I hope. I feel like this is going to be like trying to win the lotto
GPA 3.4
MCAT < 25
I'm excited and nervous as heck! What state are you from?
Im from Florida! We should hear back by February. Hopefully they accept more than the usual 9 applicants this year.
Wow only nine? Idk why I thought it was 15. No I'm not from Nebraska. Yes by Feb.I hope. I feel like this is going to be like trying to win the lotto
I've looked at previous threads and there's nothing to indicate how many people normally apply to the program or how many they offer interviews to. That would certainly give us a little better information about our chances, but I'm excited about just having the possibility of getting a shot at medical school. Come on February!!! An interview offer would be an awesome birthday gift for me!!
Im from Florida! We should hear back by February. Hopefully they accept more than the usual 9 applicants this year.
Yay: Florida!!! Me too!! The weather up there is definitely going to be a change of pace! Lol! Did you ever call and speak to anyone at Creighton about the program? I think they're pretty set at 9 to keep the program small and familial. Also, I don't think the medical school has gained additional seats, so I don't see them giving additional reserved seats to the post-bac. You never know though. The 3 of us may just "win the lotto!"
Yay: Florida!!! Me too!! The weather up there is definitely going to be a change of pace! Lol! Did you ever call and speak to anyone at Creighton about the program? I think they're pretty set at 9 to keep the program small and familial. Also, I don't think the medical school has gained additional seats, so I don't see them giving additional reserved seats to the post-bac. You never know though. The 3 of us may just "win the lotto!"
Don't play with my emotions like that lol
Oops!! My fault!! LolDon't play with my emotions like that lol
On last year's thread, the first person that mentioned getting an interview was on Jan 27th. That was roughly two weeks after the application deadline. I'm hoping for an expedient review again this year. If so, we could hear back next week. That would be awesome!!!! Sigh...I'm just anxiously driving myself nuts!!!
I just spoke with Ms. Parks in the post-bac office. She said that the deadline was actually extended to today for some individuals who needed a little more time to get their supplemental material turned in, so it may be a little longer than we estimated before we hear back. Hang in there guys!!!
I just spoke with Ms. Parks in the post-bac office. She said that the deadline was actually extended to today for some individuals who needed a little more time to get their supplemental material turned in, so it may be a little longer than we estimated before we hear back. Hang in there guys!!!
Thanks for the update!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GPA 3.1 MCAT 22
Lets See What Happens
Is that science GPA they're looking at or is that your overall GPA? I sure hope next week brings us some good news!! I'm so anxious.
Is that science GPA they're looking at or is that your overall GPA? I sure hope next week brings us some good news!! I'm so anxious.
Overall GPA and do you guys know when we should be hearing back?
Overall GPA and do you guys know when we should be hearing back?
We should be hearing back sometime within the next two weeks I think, so by around Feb 13th. At least that's what I was told.
Has anyone been invited to interview yet?
Nope, not that we're aware of here on SDN. I'm hoping we begin to hear some good news soon. The original deadline of January 15th was extended to January 22nd or 23rd, so that is probably a reason for the delay in comparison to how quickly they sent interview invitations in previous years. There's also no telling how many apps they received. That would certainly alter the schedule as well.Has anyone been invited to interview yet?
That's true. A couple years ago they found out about interviews around the 14th I believe, so I suppose this isn't too unusual.Nope, not that we're aware of here on SDN. I'm hoping we begin to hear some good news soon. The original deadline of January 15th was extended to January 22nd or 23rd, so that is probably a reason for the delay in comparison to how quickly they sent interview invitations in previous years. There's also no telling how many apps they received. That would certainly alter the schedule as well.
That's true. A couple years ago they found out about interviews around the 14th I believe, so I suppose this isn't too unusual.
In a previous comment on this thread, my estimate was by Feb 13th, so hopefully I'm right. Lol!! It's been relatively quiet and seems like an eternity. I hope next week brings good news. Your username is quite fitting. This is a waiting game!!
Where else have you applied?
This is actually the only post-bacc program I applied to, so we'll see. I've applied to several master's programs, however. Did you apply to several post-baccs?
I applied only to schools that have a post-bac of some sort with linkage to their medical school.This is actually the only post-bacc program I applied to, so we'll see. I've applied to several master's programs, however. Did you apply to several post-baccs?
Someone erroneously said they had received an invitation for the pre-med postbac program in another thread. If you see that info floating around, it is not true. I spoke with Ms. Parks at Creighton today, and she informed me that it could be the end of February or beginning of March before we are notified since the committee is still reviewing applications. Let's hope it's sooner, but watch your emails for any updates. I'm sure they're working diligently to get through all the files.
Ugh!!! Any news would be great right about now!! Still all quiet huh? I guess it's just my wishful thinking on my behalf that we'd hear something this week in spite of the projected timeframe. Oh well. Back to the miserable wait. Lol
I know right. It'll be March soon. Maybe they've gotten a ton of applications...like way more than in previous year. That's the only thing that comes to mind.Crickets! Whats going on this year?
I know right. It'll be March soon. Maybe they've gotten a ton of applications...like way more than in previous year. That's the only thing that comes to mind.
Perhaps! I may email Ms.Parks soon, and post an update in the thread.
Let us know. It's eerily quiet. Any day now though I'm sure....Perhaps! I may email Ms.Parks soon, and post an update in the thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone here been in contact with the office at Creighton recently and have additional info since my last update as to when we might begin to hear back from them??
Nope!! You?Did you guys hear anything yet?
Nope nothing Yet. Maybe something tomorrow. I know they said they will let us know by the end of the month.Nope!! You?
All I know if that interviews are supposed to be March 28th via Skype. That's a Saturday. That's what I was told when I asked about the status of applications...."the committee still has the applications and as soon as decisions are made, applicants will receive an email, but interviews will take place on Saturday, March 28 via Skype." Let's hope we hear something today (Friday) since the month will be over. It's super frustrating.Nope nothing Yet. Maybe something tomorrow. I know they said they will let us know by the end of the month.
Do you know how many people applied this year?All I know if that interviews are supposed to be March 28th via Skype. That's a Saturday. That's what I was told when I asked about the status of applications...."the committee still has the applications and as soon as decisions are made, applicants will receive an email, but interviews will take place on Saturday, March 28 via Skype." Let's hope we hear something today (Friday) since the month will be over. It's super frustrating.
I have a feeling that we may not hear for a while then if they aren't until the end of the month and via Skype, wouldn't you think?
I have no clue.Do you know how many people applied this year?
I'm just kind of exhausted with it all right now. Lol. It all seems to be a toss up as to when they'll get around to us. I keep hypothesizing and thinking of all these wild scenarios as to why its taking significantly longer this year than in previous years. I'm driving myself crazy!!!!I have a feeling that we may not hear for a while then if they aren't until the end of the month and via Skype, wouldn't you think?
Do you know how many people applied this year?
Let's hope only nine lol
There must be a ton of applications if they're taking this long. Don't they usually have in person interviews? I wonder why it's so different this year...
Breaking news: we'll be hearing back from Creighton in March!!! Lol!!! Just thought I'd provide a little comic relief or at least try!!!! Lmbo. Forgive me...back to waiting!! Lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. I applied to the program this year. My stats are GPA: 3.6/3.2 (overall/science) and MCAT = 18. I've called a few times and they said that they were still looking over applications. That has been a few weeks, though. I am from Nebraska as well! Hope to hear back soon!
Welcome!! I'm glad you found us! Yes, it's been quite the extended wait. I'm hoping for the best.Hey everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. I applied to the program this year. My stats are GPA: 3.6/3.2 (overall/science) and MCAT = 18. I've called a few times and they said that they were still looking over applications. That has been a few weeks, though. I am from Nebraska as well! Hope to hear back soon!
Hey everyone. I'm glad I found this thread. I applied to the program this year. My stats are GPA: 3.6/3.2 (overall/science) and MCAT = 18. I've called a few times and they said that they were still looking over applications. That has been a few weeks, though. I am from Nebraska as well! Hope to hear back soon!
Did you go to Creighton for undergrad? We are all from far away I think
I did not, I went to a small institution for undergrad here in Nebraska. This program is perfect for me. All parts of my application this past year were strong except for my MCAT score of course. I am in an MCAT course right now and it is evident that I am lacking in the core sciences. I hope I made that apparent in my personal statement!
Did you go to Creighton for undergrad? We are all from far away I think
I did not, I went to a small institution for undergrad here in Nebraska. This program is perfect for me. All parts of my application this past year were strong except for my MCAT score of course. I am in an MCAT course right now and it is evident that I am lacking in the core sciences. I hope I made that apparent in my personal statement!