Creighton students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billiken10

I hated headgear.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone a student at the Creighton college or dentistry? Or, anyone who has interviewed there or visitied, what is your impression of it as a program? Pros, cons? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

John

Members don't see this ad.

My cousin attended there and said he loved it. I can't give you a lot of details but it seems to be pretty well respected from everything I have heard, both by students and by dentists alike.

personally i like omaha...

but i heard when i was a predent that the patient population wasn't the greatest...

(that was 3+ years ago)

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy hell, why don't I make a few more spelling errors on my original post? I need to start getting some more sleep...

I am a pre-dent student applying for the second time and right now CU looks like my best shot. I have visited twice and I really like the city and the school, and now I'm just looking to see if there are other things that I should know about the school. Thanks!

John

Creighton is great. Good people, good learning, good times. It is pretty much just like any of the other dental schools. First year is pretty damn difficult if you ask me, but I'm sure that's common anywhere.

And by the way, the 100+ chair clinic is ALWAYS full of patients, and so is the waiting room.

Omahahahaha said:
Creighton is great. Good people, good learning, good times. It is pretty much just like any of the other dental schools. First year is pretty damn difficult if you ask me, but I'm sure that's common anywhere.

And by the way, the 100+ chair clinic is ALWAYS full of patients, and so is the waiting room.

Omahahahaha - I had an interview there last week and got some pretty good feedback from Dr. Ayers. I really am hoping that is where I am accepted. I was waitlisted for the class of '08. Are you very happy there? I think its a pretty sweet setup.

John

John,

I'm glad you came to check things out. Dr. Ayres is one of the nicest people you're going to meet. No matter what others will tell you on this message board, meeting with hime does make a difference. And now that you've met him twice, I think you will have made a bigger impact. Creighton is dedicated to taking people who they thing will make a difference in the world. Caring while helping others is a halmark of our school. I'm not sure where you are from but there are people in my class from all over the country, so they don't care about where you live.

And you're right, it is a nice setup. The school meets our needs quite well. And I'm really looking forward to 3rd and 4th year so I can get some extended time in the clinic. Right now our profs are telling that we are taking all of the same classes as the Med students here PLUS all of the dental classes. And we have at least 2 full days committed to pure dental subjects each week (dental anatomy, dent. materials, preventative, radiology...)

So basically that means that we are taking the same load as the meds in 3 days instead of 5 days like them. So if you get in, strap up and be ready. An plus, I thought wearing a shirt and tie everyday would suck, it actually makes us feel (and look) more professional.

Omahahahaha said:
John,

So basically that means that we are taking the same load as the meds in 3 days instead of 5 days like them. So if you get in, strap up and be ready. An plus, I thought wearing a shirt and tie everyday would suck, it actually makes us feel (and look) more professional.

Why do people think that comparing themselves to med students is a cool thing. Sounds like a pre-med gone pre-dent bec they couldn't get into a med school

You are in dental school, you don't hear the med students saying they are taking the same classes as dental students

Long story short....who cares you are with med students. It's not like you are in a harder situation than anyone else in dental school

Brocnizer2007 said:
Why do people think that comparing themselves to
med students

It's not like you are in a harder situation than anyone else in dental school

:laugh: So you're telling me that you've never seen a thread comparing dentists to physicians? For whatever reason, it's actually been a pretty common thing around here lately.

Someone asked my perspective about how things are at MY school, and I told them what our PROFESSORS have compared our workdload to. I could care less how difficult your school is, I'm just letting people know how things are here. I'm sorry if you have some old issues with not getting into med school two years ago or something, but I never was a pre-med, nor do I appreciate your post in general.

You should take your negative energy to another thread.