Program-Specific Info / Q's Creighton University-Phoenix Pathway Interview Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanah

Reaction score
I have an interview with Creighton Phoenix scheduled and I was wondering if anyone has interviewed with them before. If so would you be willing to share your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed on October 1st and just got accepted today! The day started with coffee and snacks, and we got a chance to talk to a couple of faculty members before the info sessions and tours started. There was an info session that went over the program and we had a chance to ask any questions. We also met with a group of current students and talked to them privately about the program. The students led a tour and then we interviewed. I interviewed with two faculty members and it was the most casual interview I've had so far. They were both super nice and told me they wanted to keep the interview casual and really get to know me. Also, it's a closed interview so the people interviewing you haven't looked at your application. Make sure that you elaborate on any relevant volunteer/work/shadowing experience and try to tie in that information into your responses. They also want to know why you chose their program, so I made sure to emphasize their values and interprofessional healthcare experiences. They talk about their Ignatian values in the info session, so definitely reference those! But overall I would just try to relax and be yourself. Remember that you got an interview for a reason, so use this opportunity to show your passion for OT. Only two people were interviewed on the first interview date, so you are one of the first in line for acceptances and scholarships!
The questions were pretty basic interview questions but here are some that I can remember:
  • Tell me about yourself/why OT?
  • Name a difficult situation you have been in and how did you learn and grow from this situation?
  • What is an ethical dilemma you have faced and how did you respond?

Hi! I interviewed on October 1st and just got accepted today! The day started with coffee and snacks, and we got a chance to talk to a couple of faculty members before the info sessions and tours started. There was an info session that went over the program and we had a chance to ask any questions. We also met with a group of current students and talked to them privately about the program. The students led a tour and then we interviewed. I interviewed with two faculty members and it was the most casual interview I've had so far. They were both super nice and told me they wanted to keep the interview casual and really get to know me. Also, it's a closed interview so the people interviewing you haven't looked at your application. Make sure that you elaborate on any relevant volunteer/work/shadowing experience and try to tie in that information into your responses. They also want to know why you chose their program, so I made sure to emphasize their values and interprofessional healthcare experiences. They talk about their Ignatian values in the info session, so definitely reference those! But overall I would just try to relax and be yourself. Remember that you got an interview for a reason, so use this opportunity to show your passion for OT. Only two people were interviewed on the first interview date, so you are one of the first in line for acceptances and scholarships!
The questions were pretty basic interview questions but here are some that I can remember:
  • Tell me about yourself/why OT?
  • Name a difficult situation you have been in and how did you learn and grow from this situation?
  • What is an ethical dilemma you have faced and how did you respond?
Thank you this is very helpful!