Creighton University

Started by UIUCKines
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UIUCKines

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from Creighton yet? I submitted my application on October 22nd and still have not heard nothing back from them yet. Let me know!
 
I had an interview on Nov 1, still waiting for a decision letter. I am hoping sometime this week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the interview! What did you think about the school and program after the interview?
Overall I was impressed with the program. The faculty, staff, and current students were very relaxed and inviting. The biggest thing for me is the price tag, I truly like the program but F*** is it expensive! There big thing is community service and volunteering which I am all for, the physical therapist occupation is one of helping people out and I think that a prospective student should be ok with service learning IMO. Great school overall 🙂
 
UIUCkines, why Creighton? Their program caught my eye, but I'm not sure if I can justify the cost. I'm looking at UIC and Northwestern, along with other programs in the midwest.

I-L-L
 
Any updates from Creighton? I interviewed on 1 Nov, then I got a phone call saying I was accepted the week of Thanksgiving....but haven't seen anything in the mail at all. Has anyone received any letters at all?
 
I just received an invitation for an interview on February 14th! @starrsgirl How was the interview and your overall impression of the school/program?
 
I better call them tomorrow to follow up on my letter. Mmmm. I was so surprised I forgot to ask when they go out.

I personally thought the interview was top notch. They really get all the small details right. Welcoming from the start, organized, lots of current students and informal time to talk to them, they bring in a ton of different people from diff areas (tech support, student services) so you really get the huge pic.

The interviews are in the morning. Personal interview and group interview. Both were very straightforward and welcoming. They really emphasize the mutual thing...find out about the school and see if it's a good fit for you...not just will the school accept me.

We did lunch with more professors and alumni and also tours and talks mixed in.

I love the lengthy clinicals they offer and also they really seem to want to work with you to find the best places for you to go. Overall, I was just very impressed.
 
Revamping this thread! I got an interview invite yesterday =] only dates left were in January and February. I took a January spot! Does anyone know if they send out offers as they interview?
 
Thanks and congrats!!! When and how did they contact you for the interview? I submitted Oct 6 but it wasn't mailed to the school until Oct 21
 
I was offered an interview and even scheduled for last Friday but passed it up to go somewhere else. Awesome school and program though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks and congrats!!! When and how did they contact you for the interview? I submitted Oct 6 but it wasn't mailed to the school until Oct 21

Why thank you! That is when mine was mailed out, too. I wouldn't write off an interview invite this soon! The end of February is their latest date. Anything can happen before then =]
 
I could choose between Oct 31 and Nov 21. I doubt they'll stop there. My bet is they'll do another round in January/February, especially with them. Not starting until August so don't get discouraged yet. This is also my second cycle and I submitted my PTCAS in July.
 
Ahh ok cool. I've heard how great the program is here! And yeah no worries..If they want to send me one they will and if they don't then they won't ha
 
Good luck to all interviewees this week! I had to back out at last minute, so hopefully it may have opened a spot for someone patiently waiting =]