Creighton vs. ASDOH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lafuturedent82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate any insight into which of these two schools seems like the better choice. I'm not in state for either so tuition isn't too different, and I believe that the cost of living in both areas is relatively inexpensive (I'm from the LA area so it doesn't take much to seem inexpensive to me).
I interviewed at ASDOH and saw how great they are clinically and I really like the curriculum and focus on serving the community. Also, everyone seems really happy there.
But, I haven't visited Creighton so any info into the pros and cons would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You got into Creighton without an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you really asking this? This is a no-brainer to me, and I would assume many feel the same way as I do....ASDOH all the way man....there's a reason why they only need to accept 80-90 students to fill a class of 60ish.

I bet Creighton needs to accept three-four times that number to fill their class.

I was extremely impressed with ASDOH and if got accepted would be hard pressed not to go there.

Hmm, don't hold back the honesty. Well obviously, I am just trying to make sure that there isn't something that I'm missing in regards to what is good about Creighton. Appreciate your feedback though...

I interviewed at both, back in the day, and they differ greatly. I really liked ASDOH's strong community orientation. I feel that this makes strong, dedicated community leaders. Creighton is an excellent dental school, but personally, it's rather dated... Plus AZ is a little warmer.

Clearly I'm posting because I just want to be sure that I'm making the right decision. Anyone who feels the need to respond with sarcasm or try to make me feel stupid need not reply. Thanks! I'd just like to keep this positive :)

I interviewed at both, back in the day, and they differ greatly. I really liked ASDOH's strong community orientation. I feel that this makes strong, dedicated community leaders. Creighton is an excellent dental school, but personally, it's rather dated... Plus AZ is a little warmer.

Thanks! Yeah the weather in Omaha does worry me, although it does get pretty HOT in the summer in AZ!

ASDOH wins, congratulations

Clearly I'm posting because I just want to be sure that I'm making the right decision. Anyone who feels the need to respond with sarcasm or try to make me feel stupid need not reply. Thanks! I'd just like to keep this positive :)

I apologize if I came out sarcastic but I in no way meant any offense by my comment nor did I want to make you feel stupid.

Take it as my strong endorsement for ASDOH. In my mind, I couldn't justify choosing Creighton over ASDOH and I thought it was common consensus but it was my fault to assume everyone else's mind is thinking the same way as I am :)

Sorry about that, and I hope you make the right choice for you! :thumbup:

I would appreciate any insight into which of these two schools seems like the better choice. I'm not in state for either so tuition isn't too different, and I believe that the cost of living in both areas is relatively inexpensive (I'm from the LA area so it doesn't take much to seem inexpensive to me).
I interviewed at ASDOH and saw how great they are clinically and I really like the curriculum and focus on serving the community. Also, everyone seems really happy there.
But, I haven't visited Creighton so any info into the pros and cons would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ASDOH hands down!!!!! I may be biased though. LOL. I looked at your pre-dents profile and I noticed you have an MPH. That fits in perfectly with ASDOH b/c it is very public health oriented (I'm actually working on my MPH w/ dental emphasis through A.T. Still right now). Plus the facilities at ASDOH are less than five years old, and they're state of the art. I've heard Creigton is really old and out of date. Also, the winters here are mild. I was born and raised in AZ and I've never even seen snow! LOL Although you can just drive two hours North if you wanna go snow boarding. So yeah, it's a no brainer.....ASDOH all the way!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, one last thing, the fourth year community health center rotations give you soooooo much experience and exposure! Hopefully you'll attend!

Thanks for all the insight... pretty much what I was thinking has been confirmed!

lafuturedent82 did you make a final decision?