Creighton Waitlist Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested, spoke with the admissions office today. They started calling last week, and says they have plenty more to go. I was told that 3 students withdrew today, so that is 3 more spots open. Good luck to everyone on the list.

Members don't see this ad.

I just came home from work to find an acceptance letter from Creighton, dated May 27th. So, the waitlist is moving! I was Creighton was my first choice (I was on 4 waiting lists, now 3, but now I don't care about the rest!) I was beginning to give up on this year and start preparing for the next application cycle. Yay! I was getting too old to wait any longer. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist who wants to go to Creighton- I hope to see you all in Omaha in August!

Toonces said:
I just came home from work to find an acceptance letter from Creighton, dated May 27th. So, the waitlist is moving! I was Creighton was my first choice (I was on 4 waiting lists, now 3, but now I don't care about the rest!) I was beginning to give up on this year and start preparing for the next application cycle. Yay! I was getting too old to wait any longer. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist who wants to go to Creighton- I hope to see you all in Omaha in August!

Congratulation,

I hope you are now joining in the Creighton class of 2009 thread!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, thanks very much for the congratulations. Littleroo- the letter says I have seven business days from the date on the letter to send back my acceptance and a $100 deposit. I had to check the letter a few times to make sure it did say that I was accepted before I actually believed it!

Toonces said:
Hey all, thanks very much for the congratulations. Littleroo- the letter says I have seven business days from the date on the letter to send back my acceptance and a $100 deposit. I had to check the letter a few times to make sure it did say that I was accepted before I actually believed it!

very nice, congratulations

Toonces said:

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you could give some advise concerning getting off of the Creighton waitlist. What did you do to get off the list??? Did you write a letter or call someone? I really want to get off this list because there is no other school i would rather go to than Creighton. I would really appreciate the info. Thanks!!!

Me too! I really want to go to Creighton. Any advice on How to get accepted off the Waitlist. I hope to see you all this fall!

Well, I am not really sure if this had any effect on my admission or not, but I did send an email to the admissions office immediately after returning home from my interview to update them (in writing) on my recent activities. Let them know anything that you are currently doing that you didn't mention on your AMCAS or secondary application that you want them to know about. You could either email or write a letter. A few weeks after getting waitlisted I sent an email again telling them how impressed I was with the school and that I would definitely attend if accepted.
If you haven't sent a letter or email already and Creighton is your first choice, I would let them know how much you want to go there. I don't know if it helps at all but it couldn't hurt- who doesn't like to hear that they are liked (even a school)? And in my opinion (though obviously this does not matter in matters of admission) it is much better to offer admission to people who will really appreciate it rather than those who are just staying on the list to see what happens. Before I received my admission letter yesterday I had been planning to sit down and write another letter to Creighton.
I hope this information is helpful and that you are successful in getting off of the waitlist. It seems you can never really know what is going on in the admissions process- or if anything you are doing is having an effect, but it can't hurt to try!

Toonces said:
Well, I am not really sure if this had any effect on my admission or not, but I did send an email to the admissions office immediately after returning home from my interview to update them (in writing) on my recent activities. Let them know anything that you are currently doing that you didn't mention on your AMCAS or secondary application that you want them to know about. You could either email or write a letter. A few weeks after getting waitlisted I sent an email again telling them how impressed I was with the school and that I would definitely attend if accepted.
If you haven't sent a letter or email already and Creighton is your first choice, I would let them know how much you want to go there. I don't know if it helps at all but it couldn't hurt- who doesn't like to hear that they are liked (even a school)? And in my opinion (though obviously this does not matter in matters of admission) it is much better to offer admission to people who will really appreciate it rather than those who are just staying on the list to see what happens. Before I received my admission letter yesterday I had been planning to sit down and write another letter to Creighton.
I hope this information is helpful and that you are successful in getting off of the waitlist. It seems you can never really know what is going on in the admissions process- or if anything you are doing is having an effect, but it can't hurt to try!

I've done this. Does anyone on this thread think an additional LOR would help/hurt at this point?? I still have one in reserve.

Any new news on the waitlist movement? Has anyone been accepted? I am checking my email and phone way too much, waiting to hear...

be cool. I guess their next adcom meeting is on the 23rd of june.
that's 15 days but i'm not counting or anything...

I really want to go to Creighton like everyone here, so I was thinking and I know no one likes to think this way, but if we don't get accepted off the waitlist then what next? Does it make sense to apply again right now? Has anyone started the 2006 application yet? Is it plausible to apply this year through the early decision program to Creighton, since we did make it to the wailist? I guess this only applies to those of us who have yet to be accepted elsewhere, I was just wondering what everyone else's next step is going to be to get into Creighton? I am still hoping to get in off the waitlist and I don't mean to sound like its over for this year, just trying to prepare just in case...Anyone have any thoughts?

ZAZA67401 said:
I really want to go to Creighton like everyone here, so I was thinking and I know no one likes to think this way, but if we don't get accepted off the waitlist then what next? Does it make sense to apply again right now? Has anyone started the 2006 application yet? Is it plausible to apply this year through the early decision program to Creighton, since we did make it to the wailist? I guess this only applies to those of us who have yet to be accepted elsewhere, I was just wondering what everyone else's next step is going to be to get into Creighton? I am still hoping to get in off the waitlist and I don't mean to sound like its over for this year, just trying to prepare just in case...Anyone have any thoughts?

apply again. my student host applied 3 times and got in on the third time to creighton. She did only apply to Creighton every year :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if EDP is in anyway better, since we where on the waitlist this year?

ZAZA67401 said:
Do you know if EDP is in anyway better, since we where on the waitlist this year?

wouldn't you then be a late applicant at a lot of other schools if you don't get in?

I think so, yes, but if I could get into Creighton early and save money from having to apply to other schools that would be good. It is risky but I figured maybe since we were on the waitlist this year they might be really nice and let us in if we applied through EDP, maybe, I know that is a stretch but maybe?

ZAZA67401 said:
I think so, yes, but if I could get into Creighton early and save money from having to apply to other schools that would be good. It is risky but I figured maybe since we were on the waitlist this year they might be really nice and let us in if we applied through EDP, maybe, I know that is a stretch but maybe?

i would rather not take such a chance. But it does depend on the situation.

Has anyone heard anything new? I guess we won't hear anything until after the next adcom meeting on the 23rd.

ZAZA67401 said:
Has anyone heard anything new? I guess we won't hear anything until after the next adcom meeting on the 23rd.

In an email they intimated that they review the alternate list candidates weekly. Does this mean that they review our files weekly, but only decide monthly? Or what? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Has anyone been accepted lately that you know from the waitlist? Any new news? How are everyone's summers going? Just curious what the other waitlisters are up to? Hope you all are doing well and hanging in there. Well, just though I would check-in, I am just studying, thinking I might have to retake the MCAT.

Waitiing, waiting, waiting. Working on new AMCAS (pissed that they changed the personal statement prompt) and hooking up new clinically relevant activities for updating this summer/re-applying with next year. And then waiting some more.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

So does anyone know if Creighton met yesterday? Did anyone get accepted today?, I thought remeber reading a post from someone who had called them that they were meeting next on June 23rd? Has anyone heard anything, check your voicemail, email, anything?

ZAZA67401 said:
So does anyone know if Creighton met yesterday? Did anyone get accepted today?, I thought remeber reading a post from someone who had called them that they were meeting next on June 23rd? Has anyone heard anything, check your voicemail, email, anything?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm confused as to how Creighton's alternate list works. Don't they just send out acceptances as people give up their spot? Or do they wait until they have several spots available, the committee meets, and then several people receive acceptances? hmmm...anyway, I know about four people on Creigton's waitlist, and about eight on UNMC's...no word from either school in the month of June. The last person that heard from either school in my group of friends heard right before Memorial Day. They must have done a good job selecting students who actually planned to matriculate this year. That sucks!:)

Anyone else hear anything?

2 of my friends got accepted last thursday from the waitlist. They got phone calls.

CaliGrl80 said:
2 of my friends got accepted last thursday from the waitlist. They got phone calls.

Hey I know you!
And I'm guessing I'm one of the friends :eek:

Congrats to you all who got accepted!!! Anyone else still waiting to hear out there? Did you guys get an update email or get in?

ZAZA67401 said:
Congrats to you all who got accepted!!! Anyone else still waiting to hear out there? Did you guys get an update email or get in?

nothing here. Since their alternate list is not ranked then they must pull applicants similar to ones who withdrew. Anyone know the statistics of being accepted in July of August?

No. Hopefully they are really high stats!!! You did not get an email from Creighton on Friday?

ZAZA67401 said:
No. Hopefully they are really high stats!!! You did not get an email from Creighton on Friday?

no, what did it say?

Hey good name Elliott!

ZAZA67401 said:

No email here on Friday. I hope this does not mean that a thin envelope is on its way instead!!!!!!! :mad: :( :scared:

I don't know, maybe they are getting ready to get rid of me, if you guys haven't heard, I sure hope not. I have written letters and then on Friday a got a second email to further confirm that I am still interested in Creighton, whether still interested until August 10, and update address and phone numbers.

No one else also recieved this email? Or maybe you all got it sooner in the month, what does that mean. Maybe I should be calling them, I have not done that, so maybe they just didnt no where I stood, but I did write them a long letter, I don't know...what do you guys think?

ZAZA67401 said:
I don't know, maybe they are getting ready to get rid of me, if you guys haven't heard, I sure hope not. I have written letters and then on Friday a got a second email to further confirm that I am still interested in Creighton, whether still interested until August 10, and update address and phone numbers.

No one else also recieved this email? Or maybe you all got it sooner in the month, what does that mean. Maybe I should be calling them, I have not done that, so maybe they just didnt no where I stood, but I did write them a long letter, I don't know...what do you guys think?

It sounds to me like you didn't get off the waitlist yet, but that they're still interested if you are. I think you just need to keep in contact with them, whether it be via email or otherwise. Actually, emails seem to be Creighton's preferred method of communication. I think they like to have everything on record and it's quicker than snail mail.

Do you know if they continue to meet as a committee, or if now they just pick people to accept as spots become available? If the latter is the case, I would definitely keep in close contact with them. Make sure they still know that you really want to go there, because as I understand, the wait list is not "ranked." Correct?

ZAZA67401 said:

I got an update/interest email from them in the beginning of May (May 4th) that was virtually identical to the one you mentioned above. Did you get that one? I'm kinda starting to freak out a little here. Maybe enough to send them an email asking about it.

Yes, I got one update letter on May 12, I think, and then one again on Friday. I don't know if it means anything or not, maybe you guys have been better at updating the school. I have tried, but I don't know what else to tell them, other than I really really want to go to school at Creighton!!!

chicadehuskers said:
Do you know if they continue to meet as a committee, or if now they just pick people to accept as spots become available? If the latter is the case, I would definitely keep in close contact with them. Make sure they still know that you really want to go there, because as I understand, the wait list is not "ranked." Correct?

I don't know, I wish I knew, I know the waitlist is unranked like you said.

ZAZA67401 said:
I don't know, I wish I knew, I know the waitlist is unranked like you said.

I called the adm. office today and they said that the admission comit. meet to decide who gets accepted off the waitlist but the lady told me that when or how often the adm. comit. meet is confidential. There are around 200 people who were on the waitlist to start out but she would not tell me how many have been accepted off the waitlist.

Good luck everyone :luck: .

It seem like I am gonna need all the luck to get in :mad: .

To those who get accepted off the waitlist, what are ur stats. I would like to know if i have a chance to get in. Thanks

PBMaxx said:
I got an update/interest email from them in the beginning of May (May 4th) that was virtually identical to the one you mentioned above. Did you get that one? I'm kinda starting to freak out a little here. Maybe enough to send them an email asking about it.

I didn't get an email on friday either... was i supposed to !?!?! i am freaking out here .... I didn't get any emails, phone calls, or letters.... I hate this situation... waitlists suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some one please throw me a bone here !

I dont think you should worry, I think it is because I have not been as good as everyone else as keeping in touch with the school and thats why they sent it