Quantcast

Creighton Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does anybody remember whether or not Creighton ranks their waitlist? I know there is movement on it and I am just wondering just how they treat their alternate list.

Dedikated2liftn

Bodybuilder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my interview, they said that they do not rank the waitlist. Consequently, how in the hell they decide between applicants on the alternate list is probably something that you're not going to ultimately find out.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard anything new from the waitlist at Creighton? When do you think we will hear something?

Woniu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing yet. I bet we won't hear much until we get closer to May 15th though.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody filled out the Alternate Response Form as fast as I did. I got it at 4:01 PM and sent in with my intent to keep my status at 4:41 PM. Hopefully, we all get good news. Good luck to the rest of you guys!!!

Woniu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody filled out the Alternate Response Form as fast as I did. I got it at 4:01 PM and sent in with my intent to keep my status at 4:41 PM. Hopefully, we all get good news. Good luck to the rest of you guys!!!

Did you email it back to them, or did you mail off a letter via snail mail?

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you email it back to them, or did you mail off a letter via snail mail?

My friend, I emailed it to them as per the directions the original email they sent to me. Have you done yours yet?

Woniu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend, I emailed it to them as per the directions the original email they sent to me. Have you done yours yet?

Oops. I guess I should read instructions a wee bit more carefully.:rolleyes: I just e-mailed mine back to them.

spospo

Going to extremes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, hang in there. several of my friends here got in off the waitlist. trust me, it is totally worth it. i love it here

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyways, so Creighton's "May 15th" is actually early June eh? Well, let's not lose hope here. This is one of three schools I am still on the waitlist for. I can't believe that someone on the official 2008 waitlist movement thread has gotten four acceptances from being on the waitlist...wow.

ClockworkDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are on the waitlist, make sure you update Creighton with new activities and accomplishments. Since the list is "unranked", things are in a state of constant flux.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist has done anything in terms of housing. This question goes to current med students there who were originally waitlisted and then got accepted and how you guys handled this issue. Quite frankly, I have looked around but have not been able to commit or do anything because I have not gotten acceptance yet. Any thoughts or guidance on this matter?

Members don't see this ad :)

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

holy crap dude, i checked out your mdapps profile. no wonder you haven't gotten in anywhere! you've applied to the top, top schools and only had a 29 mcat! are you crazy?? your gpa was good but even your ECs are filled with bs honors. you should have applied to lower tiers and you'd have multiple acceptances by now. man, seriously, what were you thinking! and you're asian! that definitely hurts you! hehe i hope you get in!

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
holy crap dude, i checked out your mdapps profile. no wonder you haven't gotten in anywhere! you've applied to the top, top schools and only had a 29 mcat! are you crazy?? your gpa was good but even your ECs are filled with bs honors. you should have applied to lower tiers and you'd have multiple acceptances by now. man, seriously, what were you thinking! and you're asian! that definitely hurts you! hehe i hope you get in!

thnx for ur input...

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Come to think of it, what would you consider "lower tier" schools? Are there such schools in terms of the competition at all medical schools if you look at this year and years past?

Dedikated2liftn

Bodybuilder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Bro, that's what we call a troll (in other words, ignore the *****).

mixmikeup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So they are waiting until early june then? Did someone call in and get that from them? :) so.... much.... waiting......

Dane07MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yes, they will be sending out the first wave of waitlist acceptances in the first or second week of june.

don't even bother looking for housing until you hear of an acceptance. there are far better ways to spend the precious limited time you have in life. do something fun. housing will always be around, and why would you look if you can't commit to anything?? even if you dont find your dream rental, go month to month until you do if you have to... relax, take a deep breath, and just keep waiting, there's not much you can do.

lower tier schools are a term used on this forum by people who are qualified to get into big name schools. makes them feel better about themselves. every medical school gets you an MD, some way or another. some are less competitive than others, and for that reason, the snobby elite school matriculants like to see it as a flaw. this trend will continue throughout life, be ready for it in residency, job hunting, and just about everything else.

i havent looked at your profile, but if you have to reapply, apply only to schools you would ACTUALLY go to if accepted, and step back and evaluate where YOU are competitive.

swim2006

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you all hear good news in the coming weeks:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no news yet...anybody heard anything either way?

I don't know how to feel at this point.

Dedikated2liftn

Bodybuilder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, there's been no movement at all? Did this happen last year as well?? Honestly, I'm a bit shocked considering the tuition costs; I figured more people would've given up their Creighton acceptance and gone elsewhere. Anyway, best of luck to those still waiting..hopefully things pick up soon.

jamaicandoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone get an email from creighton yesterday asking them if they still want to stay on the waitlist? I got that email in april and then the same email again. anyone else get it yesterday ?

DocNickRiviera

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the same message the year I got in off the waitlist... don't give up folks.

Vonnegut1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just came on here and saw you guys were asking about waitlist movement. I got my notification on May 23rd. Good luck to you all.

mistahcat

BLAHHHHH!!!!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late on this. i just joined the forum. I got off the waitlist 22 May 08. It was by phone. Good luck to everyone out there.

Dane07MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Class is full as of last week according to Dr. Nipper.

12bucklemyshoe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not much activity lately... Has anyone heard news of any kind concerning Creighton waitlist movement? Acceptances/Withdrawls/Anything?

12bucklemyshoe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not much activity lately... Has anyone heard news of any kind concerning Creighton waitlist movement? Acceptances/Withdrawls/Anything?