Quantcast

creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K9sbestfriend

Reaction score
I am applying there and have an Oct 26th interview.

I made an unscheduled visit this summer so I didn't get a full tour but I'll share my first impressions.

Apparently I visited during summer break so all the students were gone and only a few faculty were there. I was told to go ahead a take a look around. I knew ahead of time that the school itself was in an older building but of course all the equipment is modern just like any other dental school you may have on your list.

If you have visited their website and read interview feedback on SDN you probably have read that you will get a lot more experience with specialty type procedures since those cases are not referred to students in specialty programs.

As far as location Creighton campus is compressed into a small area near Interstate 480. I was a little discouraged by its location at first because I have a wife and two small children so housing is a big deal to me. After I spoke to a couple of the faculty and a friend that lives in Omaha I was informed that better housing is within 20 minutes of campus. 20 minutes is a short commute compared to what I'm used to making.

So, not much for intricate details of the program just my first impressions.
My brother-in-law has a friend who attended Creighton. I'll try to get some first hand insight for us.

sunsetpeach

Reaction score
I am applying there and have an Oct 26th interview.

I made an unscheduled visit this summer so I didn't get a full tour but I'll share my first impressions.

Apparently I visited during summer break so all the students were gone and only a few faculty were there. I was told to go ahead a take a look around. I knew ahead of time that the school itself was in an older building but of course all the equipment is modern just like any other dental school you may have on your list.

If you have visited their website and read interview feedback on SDN you probably have read that you will get a lot more experience with specialty type procedures since those cases are not referred to students in specialty programs.

As far as location Creighton campus is compressed into a small area near Interstate 480. I was a little discouraged by its location at first because I have a wife and two small children so housing is a big deal to me. After I spoke to a couple of the faculty and a friend that lives in Omaha I was informed that better housing is within 20 minutes of campus. 20 minutes is a short commute compared to what I'm used to making.

So, not much for intricate details of the program just my first impressions.
My brother-in-law has a friend who attended Creighton. I'll try to get some first hand insight for us.
your response is very insightful. thank you. I finally know how to search for old threads in here and found a bunch of threads on creighton as well. :)