creog scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reggiano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do we get these this year (2019)?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep they came out today.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
when fellowship programs look at Creog scores / people report their own "score," is it the one compared to ALL years, or the one compared to just your year?

Additionally, for those fellowships who do look at scores, what do they consider a "top" or good score, >220?

Thanks!

when fellowship programs look at Creog scores / people report their own "score," is it the one compared to ALL years, or the one compared to just your year?

Additionally, for those fellowships who do look at scores, what do they consider a "top" or good score, >220?

Thanks!

Typically the score against your year. As you progress in your training, you get a bit of a boost essentially (comparing a PGY4 to a PGY1).

Honestly though the difference between the 2 scores is greatest as an intern us and much less as you progress.

190 is 29th%
200 is 50th%
210 is 69th%
220 is 84th%
230 is 93rd%

Obviously higher score is better. It's not exactly used as a cutoff.

Typically the score against your year. As you progress in your training, you get a bit of a boost essentially (comparing a PGY4 to a PGY1).

Honestly though the difference between the 2 scores is greatest as an intern us and much less as you progress.

190 is 29th%
200 is 50th%
210 is 69th%
220 is 84th%
230 is 93rd%

Obviously higher score is better. It's not exactly used as a cutoff.

Where did you get this information? Not doubting the factual basis, just genuinely curious. My score report didn't really include any information at all. Just my two different scores.

Lecture PDF that I was given from my PD on CREOGS and what they mean and scoring etc. There is another slide discussing the scoring system etc

Attachments

• CREOG Score Lecture.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 711
Reactions: 2 users
What is the range of scores PGY1-3 residents generally scores?
I am not in any residency training program yet, but I have been taking this exam from last 3 years. This time my score was lowest in three digits. Although % of correct answers were maximum. My preparation was also best this time. I had a very good feeling after my exam too. I don’t know where things went wrong. Really very disappointed

What is the range of scores PGY1-3 residents generally scores?
I am not in any residency training program yet, but I have been taking this exam from last 3 years. This time my score was lowest in three digits. Although % of correct answers were maximum. My preparation was also best this time. I had a very good feeling after my exam too. I don’t know where things went wrong. Really very disappointed
The exam is curved to 200 with a standard deviation of 20. So, 68% will be between 180-220 and 95% percent will score between 160-240.

If you aren't in a program, I guess I would look at comparison to overall.

The exam is curved to 200 with a standard deviation of 20. So, 68% will be between 180-220 and 95% percent will score between 160-240.

If you aren't in a program, I guess I would look at comparison to overall.
Hey There: thanks for your help.