Crest White Strips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrTacoElf

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i would like for my teeth to be a little white but i don't want to shell out $300-$500 for a bleaching kit or britesmile. Are crest whitestrips very effective?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many topics on this subject, and a quick search can help you find them.

Whitestrips are very effective, to the extent that they can be. Sometimes they don't fully whiten the cervical 1/3 of the tooth, for some mysterious reason.

For $30 though, they really can't be beat.

the best economicaly way is to make your own trays and buy opalesance (spelling?) gel.

white strips aren't all that great and there's a lot of sensitivity associated with it...however in my own experiences (i try just about any dental product i can get my hands on) it works much better than Crest Night Effect...

the cervical 1/3 is typically darker than the rest of the tooth and also when you apply the strips... it's the most likely area to get saliva to dilute the bleach...

brite smile is pretty darn expensive (b/c they charge the owner of their system a few hundred bucks each time it's used)...you might want to look into zoom! but i don't know how much that cost...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if there's any side effects for using the whiting strips?

sherry225 said:
Do you guys know if there's any side effects for using the whiting strips?

Some minor sensitivity that usuallly dissapears after a short while. If sensitivity continues to be a problem, then use of the strips could be reduced to every other day, rather than every day as recommened.