crest white strips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are these things bad for your teeth at all? I've used them with some success and my teeth become sensitive after a few consecutive days of use... I'm just wondering if there any sort of permanent negative outside of that one temporary side effect.

Members don't see this ad.

I used them for a few days but discontinued them because I started to feel pain and noticed my teeth were getting sensitive.

Are these things bad for your teeth at all? I've used them with some success and my teeth become sensitive after a few consecutive days of use... I'm just wondering if there any sort of permanent negative outside of that one temporary side effect.

Best advice: Use a high fluoride toothpaste before using white strips (like fluorodex) - maybe for a month. While using white strips, dont use them right after you brush - wait an hour or so. Don't brush right after using the strips. Drink LOTS of water! and use a toothpaste like sensodyne to help with the sensitivity.

Overuse of white strips can degrade your enamel. White strips are acidic and that is what causes the sensitivity. Overuse can erode your enamel!

Members don't see this ad :)
Best advice: Use a high fluoride toothpaste before using white strips (like fluorodex) - maybe for a month. While using white strips, dont use them right after you brush - wait an hour or so. Don't brush right after using the strips. Drink LOTS of water! and use a toothpaste like sensodyne to help with the sensitivity.

Overuse of white strips can degrade your enamel. White strips are acidic and that is what causes the sensitivity. Overuse can erode your enamel!

The articles I've read suggest that they aren't damaging to your teeth. Where have you heard this?

aha bump to first page
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg