Crickets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHeep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied at the beginning of the application cycle, submitted all secondaries as soon as they were out, and now have heard nothing but crickets for months. No interview invites, 2 rejections that came in September/October.

Stats:
sGPA - 3.1, cGPA - 3.4, MCAT - 23Q

I realize the stats are low and that is likely why I am not hearing from anyone. That said, I am a non-traditional student, solid ECs, volunteer experience, excellent LORs, and over 10,000 hours of clinical experience working for a DO / integrative medical practice.

Any hopes for a late season invite?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied at the beginning of the application cycle, submitted all secondaries as soon as they were out, and now have heard nothing but crickets for months. No interview invites, 2 rejections that came in September/October.

Stats:

I realize the stats are low and that is likely why I am not hearing from anyone. That said, I am a non-traditional student, solid ECs, volunteer experience, excellent LORs, and over 10,000 hours of clinical experience working for a DO / integrative medical practice.

Retake the MCAT. Retake science classes that you did poorly in. Get accepted.

Not at my school. Your numbers are simply too low. My applicants are in the 3.5GPA/MCAT28-29 range.
Suggest re-taking MCAT, and target DO schools that have lower requirement numbers.

Stats:

Members don't see this ad :)
But the good news is that you basically know exactly what is wrong. So retake a couple science classes, retake your mcat and then start breathing fire.

Honestly I think your only problem is your mcat. If you improved that you would prob get a shot somewhere. At least a 26-27, 23 is prob a red flag to a lot of schools.

Stats:

Caribbean CNA

But seriously, if you can't do well in undergrad and don't test well (re: 23Q), how could you possibly do well in medical school and pass difficult licensing exams?

You could get in with that GPA as long as you have a higher MCAT maybe 25 or higher and awesome LORs and EC's. Take advantage of retake policy to calm nerves and try to shoot for 25 or higher on MCAT.

Go on the DO forums and check out the "Underdogs" thread!

You didn't tell us your MCAT subscores, but hopefully you aren't spectacularly low in verbal, as that on its own is a concern. See the MCAT Discussions forum for a study plan.
MCAT Subscores were Verbal 9, PS 8, Bio 6. Had a 9 or higher in Bio on all the AAMC practice tests, so I don't know what happened.

I'm hoping you just had a bad day. I hate to be harsh, but even with an interview at my school, I'd reject you outright. Bio6 is a red line for me! So, retake that MCAT and good luck!

MCAT Subscores were Verbal 9, PS 8, Bio 6. Had a 9 or higher in Bio on all the AAMC practice tests, so I don't know what happened.

Your Bio score is really low. You're just going to have to pound the EK Bio texts, and maybe a prep course for the retake if you want in at a DO school. Retaking any classes this quarter? Might be worth it to get you up to the 3.2 region.