Critical care pharmacist novel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rx12b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife shared her Kindle version of a recently published medical thriller in which a clinical pharmacist, Michael McCabe actually is the lead character. A' Casual Contact is a novel which puts on clear display the elements of contemporary clinical pharmacy practice in the intensive care unit settings of a major medical center. These elements are woven into a fast-paced story which touches routine pharmacy practice and both collaborative as well as confrontational interactions with physicians, nurses, and other pharmacists. The ability of a pharmacist to lead a clinical study of an investigational antiviral agent is a focus of the story and results in very stimulating reading with a most exciting conclusion. Michael's character has certainly broadened my horizon with regard to expanding roles for clinical pharmacists.

Members don't see this ad.

Several years ago, there was a movie called "Don't Shoot The Pharmacist". It features one of the guys who was on "Cash Cab" but last time I checked isn't on Netflix. Has anyone seen it? Yes, it's a comedy.

When I was in school, we had to read a novel called "Strong Medicine" that is still in print and is still used in medical ethics classes. It's about corruption in a pharmaceutical company, in addition to personal drama experienced by the characters.