Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,
Sorry if this has been discussed in the past but I can't quite find the answers I'm looking for in previous threads...
I am interested in pursuing pediatric CCM. My question concerns the best route for getting there- peds vs. anesthesia residency and then fellowship.
How would the differences in residency training affect how you approach pediatric patients in the ICU? Or rather, how would you approach the same patient coming from these two different training perspectives?
Are there any major differences in skills or knowledge that one field would provide over the other?
If I am interested in going the more academic route in medicine, would my research interests dictate my choice of clinical training?
Thanks for your help!
Sorry if this has been discussed in the past but I can't quite find the answers I'm looking for in previous threads...
I am interested in pursuing pediatric CCM. My question concerns the best route for getting there- peds vs. anesthesia residency and then fellowship.
How would the differences in residency training affect how you approach pediatric patients in the ICU? Or rather, how would you approach the same patient coming from these two different training perspectives?
Are there any major differences in skills or knowledge that one field would provide over the other?
If I am interested in going the more academic route in medicine, would my research interests dictate my choice of clinical training?
Thanks for your help!