Critique my ECs (Senior)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notofimportance143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a senior this year and would love if anyone could point out any notable gaps or give your opinions on what I have done so far. Thanks in advance :)

Research:
850 hours (2 seasons) - Native pollinator lab - I learned a lot about the research process and will be getting an LOR from my PI/Bio 1 Professor
- No publications, posters

120 hours (1 year) - Depression lab - basically just transcribed therapy sessions but I learned something and could definitely talk about it at an interview
-No publications, posters

160 hours (1 year) - Maternal depression and emotion regulation development in children - Physically ran the experiments, conducted interviews with mothers and participated in test activities with children

50 hours (2 years) - Undergrad Research Journal Editor - hours spent editing

Volunteering Clinical:
133hrs (1.5 years) - Major cancer hospital. I assisted patients and families with navigating through the hospital. I felt very useful in this position as the hospital was large and getting lost continues to be a huge source of stress for families in an already stressful time.

Volunteering Non-Clinical:
250hrs (1.5 years on-going): Horse Therapy - I lead horses during therapy sessions for kids with special needs. I have an extensive horse background and this gives me the opportunity to use what I know to help out the program. Really the kids are doing a favor to me as I get to meet and become friends with these awesome individuals while working with animals I love.

Leadership:
980hrs Student Worker in Undergraduate Research (2.5 years on-going) - My job is to help other students get involved in research. I do this by holding office hours to give advising appointments, giving presentations to underclassmen classes and at events, and continuing communication with students I advise.

500hrs Math Lab Worker (1 year) - Tutored math in my campuse's math center (Freshman year)

Employment/Clinical Experience:
STNA 2000hrs (4 years) - Rehab/Long term Care

STNA 350hrs (8 months) - Long term care specifically for residents with behaviors. Median age 38 years old.

STNA/Medtech 840hrs (1 year on-going) - Primary care (D.O.) office. I room patients, take histories, take vitals, give shots, take INRs, process urine/bowel samples, send referrals, schedule tests. My boss knows I want to go to medical school so he is amazing about trying to teach me daily. Will be working here full-time during gap year

Shadowing 40hrs - Pediatric infectious disease
- I can get more but I work for a primary care physician and he allows me into the rooms with him to teach me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I am a senior this year and would love if anyone could point out any notable gaps or give your opinions on what I have done so far. Thanks in advance :)

Research:
850 hours (2 seasons) - Native pollinator lab - I learned a lot about the research process and will be getting an LOR from my PI/Bio 1 Professor
- No publications, posters

120 hours (1 year) - Depression lab - basically just transcribed therapy sessions but I learned something and could definitely talk about it at an interview

160 hours (1 year) - Maternal depression and emotion regulation development in children - Physically ran the experiments, conducted interviews with mothers and participated in test activities with children

50 hours (2 years) - Undergrad Research Journal Editor - hours spent editing

Volunteering Clinical:
133hrs (1.5 years) - Major cancer hospital. I assisted patients and families with navigating through the hospital. I felt very useful in this position as the hospital was large and getting lost continues to be a huge source of stress for families in an already stressful time.

Volunteering Non-Clinical:
250hrs (1.5 years on-going): Horse Therapy - I lead horses during therapy sessions for kids with special needs. I have an extensive horse background and this gives me the opportunity to use what I know to help out the program. Really the kids are doing a favor to me as I get to meet and become friends with these awesome individuals while working with animals I love.

Leadership:
980hrs Student Worker in Undergraduate Research (2.5 years on-going) - My job is to help other students get involved in research. I do this by holding office hours to give advising appointments, giving presentations to underclassmen classes and at events, and continuing communication with students I advise.

500hrs Math Lab Worker (1 year) - Tutored math in my campuse's math center (Freshman year)

Employment/Clinical Experience:
STNA 2000hrs (4 years) - Rehab/Long term Care

STNA 350hrs (8 months) - Long term care specifically for residents with behaviors. Median age 38 years old.

STNA/Medtech 840hrs (1 year on-going) - Primary care (D.O.) office. I room patients, take histories, take vitals, give shots, take INRs, process urine/bowel samples, send referrals, schedule tests. My boss knows I want to go to medical school so he is amazing about trying to teach me daily. Will be working here full-time during gap year

Shadowing 40hrs - Pediatric infectious disease
- I can get more but I work for a primary care physician and he allows me into the rooms with him to teach me.
Looks good. Any hobbies and/or artistic endeavors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the input!
I play the piano, guitar, ukulele, and sing.
I recently started building furniture.
I also barrel race horses.
Definitely use a space to mention these hobbies on your application. They will help you stand out in a sea of look-alike applications.

Reactions: 1 user