Critique my step 1 study plan...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcgud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before Crunch Time:

Doctors in Training 3 hr/day starting in April. 46 Q of UW/day. Not really crunch time yet, just to get through FA and go over everything once before the s*** hits the fan. I'll be doing this during our last month of school.

Crunch Time:

Week 1-2:
FA 1st pass
RR 1st Pass (love this book)
46 Q per day Week 1
92 Q per day week 2
NBME 2 at end of 2nd week

Week 3-4:
FA 2nd pass
RR 2nd Pass (???)
92 Q per day Week 3
UWSA 1 Week 3
92 Q per day Week 4
NBME1 and 4 week 4

Week 5-6:
FA 3rd Pass
92 Q per day week 5
Marked/Missed Q week 6
NBME 6 and UWSA 2 Week 5
NBME 7 Week 6

Test Date: June 14

Any suggestions? I was going to listen to one of Goljans audios every day. So I should be able to go through those 2x over the 2 month period. I have a couple questions tho.

1.Would you recommend doing RR through every pass (1,2,3). I'm very familiar with the book if that means anything.
2.Am I doing enough questions? I should be able to get through UW once and go through marked questions once. Is 92 realistic or is that a cakewalk?
4. Should I take NBME 5 before or after DIT to get a baseline. I'm thinking after...
5. Did anyone use any of the DIT material during their "crunch time" or did you focus solely on FA?

Thanks so much to everyone. I really enjoy reading about everyone's experience and would appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how reasonable it is to day that you're going to make it through FA, RR Path, Goljan lectures, and 50 questions/day in one week.

I'd start earlier than that for FA and RR/Goljan audio for that initial pass. Question banks take a lot of time to go over (50 questions + review/anotate =3-4 hours on the first pass).