AZColt

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
Hello all. I'm new to these forums and have recently been accepted to Nursing School. I would like to eventually become a Nurse Anesthetist as I am quite interested in this area of medicine and do not feel it is logical for me and my situation to go to med school (at least not until I started reading these forums :laugh: ).

I was wondering if anyone here is a CRNA, or is in an MSN CRNA program, and would be willing to give me some feedback on their experiences, trials and tribulations, job outlook, right move?, etc. If I were younger and didn't have a gaggle of children already I may have considered the med school route, but too late. Again, I have a sincere interest in this area and I am looking for some REAL world advice in order to make an educated decision. Thank you in advance for any info you could provide.

rn29306

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
Dirty South
Status
Post Doc
AZColt said:
Hello all. I'm new to these forums and have recently been accepted to Nursing School. I would like to eventually become a Nurse Anesthetist as I am quite interested in this area of medicine and do not feel it is logical for me and my situation to go to med school (at least not until I started reading these forums :laugh: ).

I was wondering if anyone here is a CRNA, or is in an MSN CRNA program, and would be willing to give me some feedback on their experiences, trials and tribulations, job outlook, right move?, etc. If I were younger and didn't have a gaggle of children already I may have considered the med school route, but too late. Again, I have a sincere interest in this area and I am looking for some REAL world advice in order to make an educated decision. Thank you in advance for any info you could provide.

Piece of advice dude, leave this site, go to allnurses.com and pull up "specialties", then scroll down to CRNA and read the multitude of posts.

OP
A

AZColt

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
rn29306 said:
Piece of advice dude, leave this site, go to allnurses.com and pull up "specialties", then scroll down to CRNA and read the multitude of posts.

Thanks for your response. I'll do just that. :D

nev

10+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
N/A
Status
Medical Student
check out nursingfaqs.com
That will also help too. :thumbup: