SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

CRNAs and special cases

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by BlackSails, Apr 25, 2007.

1. BlackSails

BlackSails 2+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I am in a dispute on wikipedia on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_anesthetist article.

Is it true that CRNAs can do neuro and cardiac procedures? The other user (a CRNA) says that there are CRNAs who do only CABGs or neuro procedures?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. burntcrispy

burntcrispy Member 5+ Year Member

Feb 22, 2006
    At my program there are a few CRNAs that do cardiovascular cases only. The other pool of CRNAs do neuro, ENT, ortho, general, macs,etc. So, basically the CRNAs at out program do almost every type of case that the resident does. But, straight out of school these guys are very green. They seem to come to work at my program to get some extra experience. Some leave, some stay.

Burntcrispy

4. toughlife

toughlife Resident 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2004
    duplicate

5. toughlife

toughlife Resident 5+ Year Member

Sep 11, 2004

Yes they do and they are mostly supervised. Instead of arguing, get smart and fight their desire to continue their attempt to get you out of their way completely. . Join the private forum.

6. jackson74

jackson74 7+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007

SRNA here, the program I'm in >1000 bed teaching hospital, no anesthesia resident program, crna's do all: trauma, cv, neuro, transplant....however all supervised by mda. Great place to go to school...no competition from residents for cases

7. BlackSails

BlackSails 2+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I cant, Im not a member of the ASA, im just a premed.