-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CRT's
Started by 08hopeful
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
your refractive error, expectations and motivation play a pretty huge role in this. i've had patients that see a real mushy 20/20 with a myopic OR after just a few hrs of waking up, but they're happy as can be because they don't have to wear glasses or CLs during the day. i've also seen patients that don't like how the effect tapers off and how their cyl isn't completely eliminated.
your refractive error, expectations and motivation play a pretty huge role in this. i've had patients that see a real mushy 20/20 with a myopic OR after just a few hrs of waking up, but they're happy as can be because they don't have to wear glasses or CLs during the day. i've also seen patients that don't like how the effect tapers off and how their cyl isn't completely eliminated.
What corneal topographer are you using to fit CRT?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went with the Humphrey Atlas. I bought it with the CRT fitting set and it came with the Paragon fitting software. Once you take the reading it will calculate the exact starting lens based on the starting Rx and the desired outcome.What corneal topographer are you using to fit CRT?
Dr. Chudner,
If you wouldn't mind, can you share how much the fitting set and topographer ran you? Is it paying off in terms of an expanded patient base or increased revenue? The idea of CRT in general sounds like a great practice builder, but I wonder how many patients would be interested.
PGE
If you wouldn't mind, can you share how much the fitting set and topographer ran you? Is it paying off in terms of an expanded patient base or increased revenue? The idea of CRT in general sounds like a great practice builder, but I wonder how many patients would be interested.
PGE
I believe it was around 16-18K for everything. I bought it about 3 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. At the time, I simply increased my contact lens exam fee by $10 and that more than covered the monthly payment. As for increased revenue, you really have to promote CRT just like an OMD would promote LASIK. In the months where we are actively promoting, we do more procedures. I wouldn't say that it has resulted in an expanded patient base, but having the machine in the office has increased my revenue.Dr. Chudner,
If you wouldn't mind, can you share how much the fitting set and topographer ran you? Is it paying off in terms of an expanded patient base or increased revenue? The idea of CRT in general sounds like a great practice builder, but I wonder how many patients would be interested.
PGE