CRT's

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

08hopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying CRT's. My doc is a big supporter of them , and I'm just curious as to what other people's opinions of them are.

Members don't see this ad.

your refractive error, expectations and motivation play a pretty huge role in this. i've had patients that see a real mushy 20/20 with a myopic OR after just a few hrs of waking up, but they're happy as can be because they don't have to wear glasses or CLs during the day. i've also seen patients that don't like how the effect tapers off and how their cyl isn't completely eliminated.

your refractive error, expectations and motivation play a pretty huge role in this. i've had patients that see a real mushy 20/20 with a myopic OR after just a few hrs of waking up, but they're happy as can be because they don't have to wear glasses or CLs during the day. i've also seen patients that don't like how the effect tapers off and how their cyl isn't completely eliminated.

What corneal topographer are you using to fit CRT?

Members don't see this ad :)
What corneal topographer are you using to fit CRT?
I went with the Humphrey Atlas. I bought it with the CRT fitting set and it came with the Paragon fitting software. Once you take the reading it will calculate the exact starting lens based on the starting Rx and the desired outcome.

Dr. Chudner,

If you wouldn't mind, can you share how much the fitting set and topographer ran you? Is it paying off in terms of an expanded patient base or increased revenue? The idea of CRT in general sounds like a great practice builder, but I wonder how many patients would be interested.

PGE

Dr. Chudner,

If you wouldn't mind, can you share how much the fitting set and topographer ran you? Is it paying off in terms of an expanded patient base or increased revenue? The idea of CRT in general sounds like a great practice builder, but I wonder how many patients would be interested.

PGE
I believe it was around 16-18K for everything. I bought it about 3 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. At the time, I simply increased my contact lens exam fee by $10 and that more than covered the monthly payment. As for increased revenue, you really have to promote CRT just like an OMD would promote LASIK. In the months where we are actively promoting, we do more procedures. I wouldn't say that it has resulted in an expanded patient base, but having the machine in the office has increased my revenue.