Step I Crush vs. Prescriptions - for Step 2

Started by alextron
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alextron

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems to me that most people studying for step 2 these days use 2 main books - Boards and wards (plus) either Crush the boards or Prescriptions for the boards. I was wondering if people who have already taken step 2 could comment on these combinations if they used them, or on others if they found them useful. Also, what is the difference between Crush and Prescriptions?

-Alex
 
I actually posted a thread called "my step II score / study strategy," which talked about this.

I don't know that much about Crush the Boards, to be honest with you.

What I did was, over the course of 2 weeks, read Boards and Wards twice, with Prescriptions once (in between), and I did all of the NMS questions (I was scoring 50-60% first go-around). Those three texts are all I used. No QBank, nothing else.

I got a 241, which I was happy with.

Maybe add Crush if you want to score higher, or consider QBank for questions.