Crypto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any pathologists into crypto?

Members don't see this ad.

A-histologic-section-demonstrated-oval-thickwalled-encapsulated-spherules-that-were.png

sorry - couldn't resist

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bought $6k of bitcoin and ethereum (and a few others) in 2016, sold most in 2017, realized a bit over $60k in profits, held the rest. Portfolio now back at about $60k (on like $500 in cost basis!). Wish I would have bought more and held longer, obviously.

Reactions: 1 user
4000 Doges at 0.004

Reactions: 1 users
4000 Doges at 0.004
I had 6,000 but sold 5k for a couple hundred bucks earlier this year when it looked like the ride was seemingly over. Boy was I wrong.

I had 6,000 but sold 5k for a couple hundred bucks earlier this year when it looked like the ride was seemingly over. Boy was I wrong.
Ikr.... i didn't bother buying more this whole time because I thought it was near the top and now i feel like its too late to add...but i never sold...

Oh yeah. I bought BTC in 2013 and still have it.

Check out Theta...streaming + blockchain, multiple patents.

Yeah got cardano, vet, theta and enjin on top of the bitcoin and ethereum.

Coinbase (high fees) and voyager for me. Applied for binance but took so long for them to verify me.

BTW, If you bought $10,000 Doge on Jan 1st, you would have $450,000 today! Crazy times

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a corporate crypto account on Kraken. Personal on Coinbase.

Hey, anyone think of owning a business?
All the speculation has a handful of winners and a boat load of losers.
It is so easy to get rich slow if you avoid debt and divorce.

Dat true.

Yeah but who wants to get rich slow? That’s the entire problem lol

Quit with all this stupid circular trading of NOTHING. Start businesses, employ your neighbors, build an empire. You are 1 percenters. Now act like it.

Reactions: 4 users
Same, except I just sold the alts (iota, xtz) I bought in 2017.

Hot take: dollar cost averaging into large cap cryptos will have better returns than stocks and real estate in the coming years.

Quit with all this stupid circular trading of NOTHING. Start businesses, employ your neighbors, build an empire. You are 1 percenters. Now act like it.
You've got to be pulling in ~$400K/year to be a 1 percenter. That's not most pathologists these days- certainly not in my neck of the woods.

You've got to be pulling in ~$400K/year to be a 1 percenter. That's not most pathologists these days- certainly not in my neck of the woods.

Sounds like they need to go rural. Make lot of money, build empire.

Sounds like they need to go rural. Make lot of money, build empire.
I agree that rural jobs are more likely to be high yield, but buyers still need to beware.

If an urban job promises the moon, no one in their right mind should believe it. However, I've seen rural groups do the same song and dance and fool many gullible pathologists, who buy wholeheartedly into the myth that rural groups adhere to some sort of ethical high ground.

Getting shafted after a few years of living in KS hurts the ego more than the same treatment in CA. Plus, being a reject from a job in KS hurts the CV more than being a reject from a job in CA.

Anyone believe Cathy woods take that gene editing will cure some cancers/genetic diseases in the next decade? She thinks it’ll be this decades FAANG stocks.

She’s really high on crispr, editas, intellia, invitae.

Last edited:
Not interested in a massive fraud, thanks.

Enjoy your game of musical chairs with suckers until it inevitably implodes. I could go on and explain why this is just a giant Ponzi scheme but I'd likely be wasting my breath. Bitcoin has been around since 2008, yet it is totally useless for anything other than to launder money or as a medium for grifting the rubes.

Not interested in a massive fraud, thanks.

Enjoy your game of musical chairs with suckers until it inevitably implodes. I could go on and explain why this is just a giant Ponzi scheme but I'd likely be wasting my breath. Bitcoin has been around since 2008, yet it is totally useless for anything other than to launder money or as a medium for grifting the rubes.
You only live once. Have a homebrew and play along.

I was curious and found that West Virginia, New Mexico, Mississippi, Arkansas, Maine, and Kentucky are the six states where the average pathologist's salary (as per Medscape, $308k) puts them in the 1%.

Where I live (not in one of those states) we are dual career and our combined salaries probably don't hit our state's 1% number: Forget empire building--we are lucky to own a detached home. That said our house appreciates fast, and being in industry I earn 3x what I would in a rural area, assuming I could even find a job outside a city at all.

The pathologist and I go back and forth on whether we ought to move to some less crowded place, but the answer really isn't clear. I've lived in rural areas before for jobs; there were pros and cons, and in the end I found the cons greater. But back then I didn't have a spouse who had good opportunities in such places, so the equation may be different now.

A thread about crypto on the sdn pathology.... the next crypto collapse is eminent.

It's some serious OK Boomer energy to talk about starting a business instead of getting involved in crypto. There's plenty of opportunity for entrepreneurial types in the space. Hell, you can run a staking node with a raspberry pi and a little bit of Linux know how. Don't be afraid of what you don't understand.

I was curious and found that West Virginia, New Mexico, Mississippi, Arkansas, Maine, and Kentucky are the six states where the average pathologist's salary (as per Medscape, $308k) puts them in the 1%.

Where I live (not in one of those states) we are dual career and our combined salaries probably don't hit our state's 1% number: Forget empire building--we are lucky to own a detached home. That said our house appreciates fast, and being in industry I earn 3x what I would in a rural area, assuming I could even find a job outside a city at all.

The pathologist and I go back and forth on whether we ought to move to some less crowded place, but the answer really isn't clear. I've lived in rural areas before for jobs; there were pros and cons, and in the end I found the cons greater. But back then I didn't have a spouse who had good opportunities in such places, so the equation may be different now.
If I was your spouse I'd go rural and probably leave you behind. Make more money and find a mate who isn't on the internet calling me "the pathologist". Joking

I should have bought ETH on the dip wow Im a idiot.....

Why are most of the crypto threads in the pathology forum? I would have thought they should be in finance...

Can you tell me more about Theta? I've only heard the name, but know nothing else about it...

I thought it was a good time to laugh at NFTs....

I thought it was a good time to laugh at NFTs....

I always laughed at NFTs...but last year, made a ton of money trading stupid stock tickers that released dumb NFT news. Then last half year or so, it was the "metaverse" stocks. Maybe the NFTs make a comeback? One day? Haha.

Buying digital "art" that can be copy and pasted easily never made any sense to anyone with any sense.