C's in Undergrad Transcript

Started by FLCBRUIN84
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FLCBRUIN84

SCCO c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys...

this site has been so helpful for me throughout the application process! I read something from a previous thread saying that having many C's on your undergrad transcript is absolutely blasphemous in applying to optometry school. I have quite a few in my upper division coursework but a just a couple in my pre-opt pre reqs as a bio major at UCLA. What's your take on my situation, I currently have a 2.8... hopefully I'll be applying with a 2.9 this month after summer school. I take the computerized oat this August 20.. but may postpone it as I only have 20 days yikes!!!! Let me know! And by the way SCCO is by far my top choice...

Thanks!
 
well i have limited exp but i think that with a couple of c's and an overall gpa under 3.0 you will need to really get a good oat score, postponing the test will only help you get a better score and your chances will be increased


FLCBRUIN84 said:
Hi guys...

this site has been so helpful for me throughout the application process! I read something from a previous thread saying that having many C's on your undergrad transcript is absolutely blasphemous in applying to optometry school. I have quite a few in my upper division coursework but a just a couple in my pre-opt pre reqs as a bio major at UCLA. What's your take on my situation, I currently have a 2.8... hopefully I'll be applying with a 2.9 this month after summer school. I take the computerized oat this August 20.. but may postpone it as I only have 20 days yikes!!!! Let me know! And by the way SCCO is by far my top choice...

Thanks!