CS LA Hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhysMatMan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for hotel in LA near the Step 2 CS site? Money is an object, but I don't want to wake up with bedbugs or terrible asthma either.

Members don't see this ad.

How much did they cost you? Rooms basically clean?

Cambria is a new hotel, so it was pretty clean and quite nice. Idk about Doubletree, but I think that's a nice hotel too. I booked a few months in advance so it costed around $120/night.I stayed for 1 night.

E: I was under the impression they had free breakfast when I booked a room. But they didn't. So that's an added expense.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally stayed at LAX South Travelodge. I had no problem and the stay turned out pretty good. It was a few block walk to the testing center, but for food and other stuff you could buy them near 7/11 or walk a bit to Ralph's. If you don't like walking you could take a very cheap uber ride.

Stay at Doubletree Hilton, El Segundo. You get a free shuttle to the exam and you could walk back after the exam.

Also, do not forget to bring $20 cash with you to the exam and remember, in the event of an earthquake, please wait for further instruction from your testing administrator.

You are also in walking distance to an In and Out burger the day before the exam: order the #1 Animal style and animal style the fries and upsize the drink.

Best luck on your exam and to all those who read this. When you get to the hotel (maybe before), request an "Hilton Honors" floor and sandbag their cookies to take with you on the test day.

Reactions: 1 user
Stay at Doubletree Hilton, El Segundo. You get a free shuttle to the exam and you could walk back after the exam.

Also, do not forget to bring $20 cash with you to the exam and remember, in the event of an earthquake, please wait for further instruction from your testing administrator.

You are also in walking distance to an In and Out burger the day before the exam: order the #1 Animal style and animal style the fries and upsize the drink.

Best luck on your exam and to all those who read this. When you get to the hotel (maybe before), request an "Hilton Honors" floor and sandbag their cookies to take with you on the test day.

True. The convenience of having in and Out is the best thing about testing in LA haha

Reactions: 1 user