CS rescheduling BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bertelman

Maverick!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck whatsoever with the email notification through NBME for changing your Step 2 CS dates? Seriously, I get these emails, immediately switch my window to the scheduling site, but never see the "available" date. I remain logged into the site, so my delay is really only a few seconds. I now have my email set to check for new mail every minute. Still, no luck.

I actually was on the website one day, compulsively hitting the reload button, then I switched tasks so I could actually get some work done. Within 30 sec. I received an email, switched windows back to the scheduling site, yet never saw the available date as an option. Seriously, this spot must have been open for less than 60 seconds.

Either
a) hundreds of people like me are compulsively sitting by their computer hitting reload while life passes them by

or

b) someone has produced some sort of script for their computer to automatically reload the webpage repetitively, and watches until the date becomes available.

Seriously, has anyone who has received one of these emails been able to actually log on and change their date? I almost feel as though this great system that was supposed to make it easier for us to rearrange dates is only making me more pbsessed about the entire, ridiculous exam!

Members don't see this ad.

You're exactly right, the system has turned out to be completely useless for me. I tried the same thing as you, just keeping the window open and continuously reloading for a bit. And nothing ever showed up. Yet in my email box, I had like 10 Step 2 CS notifications about openings. The system seems entirely useless to me.