Csa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cynicalutopian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does one need the CSa result to be eligible for the match or just the date for the exam or to ve given the exam and waitin the result.Lack of what would result in immediate rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Med schools have different policies on the CSA (we were required to have TAKEN it to graduate) but it didn't have any effect on my participation in the NMRP match last year. I took it in feb (about three weeks prior to the match) and it was never an issue with regard to my ERAS or NMRP applications or during interviews. Programs may have different policies regarding completion of this exam as well...several that i applied to required you to pass the step 2 CS prior to starting your residency. Unless things have changed, i don't think the CS has any influence on your ability to participate in the match. Good luck.

klubguts said:
Med schools have different policies on the CSA (we were required to have TAKEN it to graduate) but it didn't have any effect on my participation in the NMRP match last year. I took it in feb (about three weeks prior to the match) and it was never an issue with regard to my ERAS or NMRP applications or during interviews. Programs may have different policies regarding completion of this exam as well...several that i applied to required you to pass the step 2 CS prior to starting your residency. Unless things have changed, i don't think the CS has any influence on your ability to participate in the match. Good luck.

nope, you are totally right....step 2 CS (cash scheme) doesn't affect your match status etc... :)