Csdcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDMunchkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiecing nothing but problems with CSDCAS! I'm afraid my applications are going to get there on time. I submitted weeks before the deadline, and then they sent it back to me twice because of the smallest details, but that was after submit date... I'm just quite frusterated with the system.

Members don't see this ad.

I think everyone has been having problems with them! I submitted mine January 4th, and then just told me on Monday I had entered in my study abroad information incorrectly and had withdrawn my application so I could fix it. Now that I fixed it, they've finally calculated my GPA, but still haven't mailed it out to my two schools on there!

I checked with both Northwestern and UConn, and they both told me that they were well aware of the CSDCAS backup and that the delay would not affect my application status, as all of my materials were in well before the deadlines.

Good luck!

I agree!! I have 3 schools waiting for my information from CSDCAS. I know they say 15 days to input your transcript but it seems to be taking longer than that! Luckily I contacted all of the programs and they seem to be understanding about the delay. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
all three of my apps have not been mailed! driving me nuts!!!
lets hope all schools are as nice as yours!

all three of my apps have not been mailed! driving me nuts!!!
lets hope all schools are as nice as yours!

If you're really worried, contact the schools. Everyone at my schools has been very understanding, and it sounds like they are just as frustrated with CSDCAS as we are! Most people in my classes applied for SLP, and they are all having problems too, so it sounds like nobody's applications made it anywhere before the school deadlines. This probably just means that we'll have to wait even longer for the decisions.... :rolleyes:

whats CSDCAS?

I don't know how I got so lucky and didn't have to use CSDCAS. A lot of my friends going the SLP route had MAJOR issues with it..one poor girl had to resend her transcript like four times. Wouldn't it be more efficient for everyone if each school just did their own? What exactly are the "pros" of CSDCAS (if any).

I don't really understand the point myself, especially considering that two of the three schools that will be using my CSDCAS app still required their own copy of my official transcripts.

Agreed... I had to send transcripts to all the schools I applied, along with two of them requiring my personal statement. It makes no sense at all!!!

It was so pointless! UConn made me pay the CSDCAS fee, plus an application fee directly to them, and then had to pay to have my transcripts sent to both places as well...what a pain!

On the bright side, my applications were finally mailed today! :D It only took them over 6 weeks :mad:

Agreed... I had to send transcripts to all the schools I applied, along with two of them requiring my personal statement. It makes no sense at all!!!

Not only did I have to send copies of my transcripts to one of the two schools to which I applied, I also had to apply separately to the graduate school in addition to the CSDCAS application! If you consider ONLY application fees (ignoring transcript fees and rush mailing and such), it cost over $200 to apply to the ONE school... and it was my backup! How lame is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
CSDCAS lost my one letter of rec. Not to mention, their customer service rep I talked to didn't help much the first time I called "It takes 10-15 days to document it".

Sounds like CSDCAS is a waste of time and money. I am thankful that not all of the AuD programs are involved with these guys.

I don't feel that CSDCAS is that bad. I only had a small issue with my application that took only 15 minutes to fix. After fixing it they verified all of my information the same day. It would be nice if they had more employees to speed up the processing of application. If you use CSDCAS my advice would be to have your letters of recommendation sent over the internet to avoid the possibility of human error. Just be sure to be thorough on your application before submitting. If you are then you will not have issues with CSDCAS. They received all of my transcripts without issue. You just need to be sure to include the proper forms. The advantage of CSDCAS is that if you want to add a school on their list it is really easy since you only need to select them and add a personal statement. If all schools used CSDCAS the system would be a lot more streamlined. Since all don't you have a hodge podge of processes. It really isn't that bad though. The devil is in the details as far as CSDCAS goes.

I don't feel that CSDCAS is that bad. I only had a small issue with my application that took only 15 minutes to fix. After fixing it they verified all of my information the same day. It would be nice if they had more employees to speed up the processing of application. If you use CSDCAS my advice would be to have your letters of recommendation sent over the internet to avoid the possibility of human error. Just be sure to be thorough on your application before submitting. If you are then you will not have issues with CSDCAS. They received all of my transcripts without issue. You just need to be sure to include the proper forms. The advantage of CSDCAS is that if you want to add a school on their list it is really easy since you only need to select them and add a personal statement. If all schools used CSDCAS the system would be a lot more streamlined. Since all don't you have a hodge podge of processes. It really isn't that bad though. The devil is in the details as far as CSDCAS goes.

eastr90: I do agree with ya. Although it took them over 6 weeks to calculate my GPA, it helps when you're applying to 10+ schools. I did have to go back and change some of the course names and descriptions because they wanted it as it appeared on the official transcripts. They said it's hard for them to match it up if course names are abbreviated. After correcting 'em, I called and they said everything was good and processed it right away. CSDCAS should definitely work on speeding up the process but it wasn't so bad overall.

I went to an open house at Western Michigan University yesterday, and I was talking with the program coordinator, and he says that most schools that are on there are tired of the delay. I think he said that Michigan State used the system just once before doing away with it because they experienced way too much delay. It just seems as if they need WAY more staff and also, when it comes time for the student to enter in their courses, they should state in BOLD LETTERS, enter the courses exactly how they appear on the transcript. In addition, it is not a friendly system for an international application like myself. I went to school in Canada for my undergraduate degree and my professional degree afterwards, and entering in courses hours and things does not typically apply to a Canadian transcript.

If all schools used CSDCAS the system would be a lot more streamlined. Since all don't you have a hodge podge of processes.

I wholeheartedly agree with this analysis!

Is this something new? Don't think this was around when I was applying 2 years ago. I personally wouldn't trust anyone else in this process. I sent out my own apps, went to the post filled out the paper that they have to sign and called 2 weeks after sending the app to make sure they got it. This whole middle man thing allows for more errors to occur.

Is this something new? Don't think this was around when I was applying 2 years ago. I personally wouldn't trust anyone else in this process. I sent out my own apps, went to the post filled out the paper that they have to sign and called 2 weeks after sending the app to make sure they got it. This whole middle man thing allows for more errors to occur.

The good thing about CSDCAS is that ideally all the application materials go through the centralized system so that you don't have to do different things for each school. The idea is that it ends up being simpler. Since it is a newer system, they're still working out the kinks and trying to get people on board. This also means that some schools (like ISU) still require a separate application. Once the majority of schools are on the boat, I'm sure that it will make more sense to go through CSDCAS than to not... unfortunately, we're the guinea pigs!

I would have gone directly through the school, but if they're signed with CSDCAS, you're bound to doing things that way.

CSDCAS screwed me over, I am furious with them and they caused my application from CT to be dismissed because they failed to mail it in time when I paid 2 months prior.

Sorry csmith :( What reason did they give you? I've had issues with them as well, but thankfully everything got to where it needed to go....

CSDCAS screwed me over, I am furious with them and they caused my application from CT to be dismissed because they failed to mail it in time when I paid 2 months prior.

You should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or something!

Mine were 2+ weeks late for UConn and Northwestern but luckily that didn't affect my decisions. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you :(

My application were sent over a month late to all three of the schools I applied to. Thank god I let the schools know so that they didnt think that I didnt submit... its awful!

Anyone hear back from Uconn?

I got my acceptance on 2/28, which was only ~2 weeks after CSDCAS finally mailed my application to them. From the acceptance thread it looks like they just sent out another round of acceptances a few days ago.

Are either of you thinking about going to UConn? I'm leaning towards it right now....

Is there anyone using CSDCAS for the 2012 application cycle? I'm worried my schools aren't going to get my application and materials by the deadline. After reading your experiences from last cycle, I am ready to freak out!

The first year is always the worst. Just have everything turned in as early as you can and notify programs if you're worried. If CSDCAS has trouble, your materials will not be the only set missing, so take heart. :)

Is there anyone using CSDCAS for the 2012 application cycle? I'm worried my schools aren't going to get my application and materials by the deadline. After reading your experiences from last cycle, I am ready to freak out!
I'm using CSDCAS for the Fall 2012 cycle; my application has been complete for some time now, but has yet to be verified. Because CSDCAS mails out complete and verified applications on Friday only, I think it's safe to assume that my application won't make the January 15 deadline. I'm contacting all of my programs today. I'm praying that they'll be understanding, especially because the 2 safety schools I'm applying to use CSDCAS!

I'm using CSDCAS for the Fall 2012 cycle; my application has been complete for some time now, but has yet to be verified. Because CSDCAS mails out complete and verified applications on Friday only, I think it's safe to assume that my application won't make the January 15 deadline. I'm contacting all of my programs today. I'm praying that they'll be understanding, especially because the 2 safety schools I'm applying to use CSDCAS!

The same thing with my CSDCAS applicaiton; it has been finished and unverified. I really hope the schools understand! Have any of your programs giving you a response yet?

You guys will be fine. Schools are well aware of CSDCAS issues. Trust me. I did all the same worrying last year! ;)

The same thing with my CSDCAS applicaiton; it has been finished and unverified. I really hope the schools understand! Have any of your programs giving you a response yet?
Yes, fortunately my schools said it was fine as long as I submitted online by January 15. Phew! I hope it's the same for yours. Good luck!

It was a total waste of money and they delayed everything. I'm just so nervous I wont get into any of those schools