csgirl,

im4real

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't know you were going into medical school too! I wish you the best! I have always admired those who can keep a long-distance relationship. I was never good at that! When will you be applying to med school? My sister and brother-in-law are both physicians and I just know how they do it with all the work they do and have three children. It's amazing!

Christy

Members don't see this ad.

Csgirl,

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents of amazement!!! I can't imagine how hard a long distance relationship would be....especially with both going for med school!!

You two must have alot of love and commitment to make it worth it all....and that is a wonderful thing to see!

Good luck and keep us up to date...
Wifty

Wow... a whole thread dedicated to me? I'm so touched. I don't know what to say. :) j/k

I don't feel I deserve all the praise. The thing is... we've never had a not-long-distance relationship. Our relationship as always been long distance. We don't know any different. It's easy to be happy with what you have when you've never had any different.

It's funny... we were each other's first date, first kiss, first everything! In my mind there is no position of "My boyfriend" or "My love" there's just "My Gaurav." It's the same for him.

That makes it really hard to break up!!

I think with relationships... you just gotta hang in there. The longer you're together the easier it gets... I think. For one reason... you start to get used to some of those little things that really annoy you about the other person in the beginning. Another reason is... after awhile you really learn how each of you communicates... the number of misunderstandings halves with every year you're together.

I get sad when I see people break up over things that I'm sure just wouldn't matter to them after awhile... if they'd just hang in there.

That's one of the reasons I think arranged marraiges often work so well. You HAVE to make it work.

Ok, now I'm babbling... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
csgirl, are you going out with Gaurav Masala?! I agree with you completely on the arranged marriage thing. I know you are not Indian and I'm assuming Gaurav is so if you don't mind my asking, how do both of your parents view this relationship?

LOL!! No I'm not going out with Gaurav Masala! That's funny. :D My Gaurav doesn't come to this board.

I think not-arranged marraiges can work just fine too... I was just trying to emphasize that relationships require a lot of work... which I'm sure the married couples on this board know all to well :) :)

I've sent you a PM about the other stuff...

Originally posted by csgirl:
•I think with relationships... you just gotta hang in there. The longer you're together the easier it gets... I think. For one reason... you start to get used to some of those little things that really annoy you about the other person in the beginning. Another reason is... after awhile you really learn how each of you communicates... the number of misunderstandings halves with every year you're together.

I get sad when I see people break up over things that I'm sure just wouldn't matter to them after awhile... if they'd just hang in there.

That's one of the reasons I think arranged marraiges often work so well. You HAVE to make it work.

Ok, now I'm babbling... :) •••

Okay, csgirl, I cannot say I agree with you often,

:eek:
but when I read this I almost applauded!!! :D
I think you hit the nail on the head. People don't want to work to make it happen anymore. It seems most of us married folk here do well, though! And even though you aren't married yet csgirl, I can guarantee you will stay that way if you keep that mindset!!! Kudos!!! ;)