csi vs stony brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mesptschool19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
im currently deciding between college of staten island and stony brook for pt school.

csi is 40k, stony is 125k (i know!)
after visiting both schools and attending interviews, i fell in love with SB. CSI PT seems like a bland, three year experience whereas stony brook seems like they have a lot to offer! the csi staff and faculty were rude and unwelcoming.

everything except the tuition is better at SB. including professors, faculty, admin, facilities, the name, curriculum, location, etc. BUT is it worth paying 80k more? do i suck it up for three years at csi to pay less?

h e l p

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like you have to suck it up. That is such a huge difference in debt, you have to decide if sucking it up for the next 3 years in PT school or next 10+ years paying back debt seems like the better option.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally for me,

I would go for CSI, knowing that it’s 40K, you can pay that off long term soooo much faster than SBU. It’s only three years and it is the same degree. Why be in debt more than you have to? But I also do understand that you want to have a better experience/more fun at SBU.

It’s up to you, price/debt vs. experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would attend CSI because of the price for sure! CSI is also not as bad as it seems I know a lot of people that went there and were happy with the program.

Reactions: 1 user
I would attend CSI because of the price for sure! CSI is also not as bad as it seems I know a lot of people that went there and were happy with the program.

do you know any details about the program? any pros/cons? i know theres a thesis and strong focus on research.

thanks!

I would go for CSI! same as everyone else... a better financial decision. Have you factored in cost of living as well?

I would go for CSI! same as everyone else... a better financial decision. Have you factored in cost of living as well?
cost of living is similar, if not cheaper on long island. but yeah seems like i'll choose CSI for financial reasons.

CSI for sure, 3 years of suffering to get out of PT school and be able to actually buy something with your paycheck is going to make you a lot happier in the long run.