csi vs stony brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mesptschool19

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im currently deciding between college of staten island and stony brook for pt school.

csi is 40k, stony is 125k (i know!)
after visiting both schools and attending interviews, i fell in love with SB. CSI PT seems like a bland, three year experience whereas stony brook seems like they have a lot to offer! the csi staff and faculty were rude and unwelcoming.

everything except the tuition is better at SB. including professors, faculty, admin, facilities, the name, curriculum, location, etc. BUT is it worth paying 80k more? do i suck it up for three years at csi to pay less?

h e l p

thanks!
 
I feel like you have to suck it up. That is such a huge difference in debt, you have to decide if sucking it up for the next 3 years in PT school or next 10+ years paying back debt seems like the better option.
 
Personally for me,

I would go for CSI, knowing that it’s 40K, you can pay that off long term soooo much faster than SBU. It’s only three years and it is the same degree. Why be in debt more than you have to? But I also do understand that you want to have a better experience/more fun at SBU.

It’s up to you, price/debt vs. experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would attend CSI because of the price for sure! CSI is also not as bad as it seems I know a lot of people that went there and were happy with the program.
 
I would attend CSI because of the price for sure! CSI is also not as bad as it seems I know a lot of people that went there and were happy with the program.

do you know any details about the program? any pros/cons? i know theres a thesis and strong focus on research.

thanks!
 
CSI for sure, 3 years of suffering to get out of PT school and be able to actually buy something with your paycheck is going to make you a lot happier in the long run.