CSPM Samuel Merritt vs WesternU ADVICE FROM CURRENT STUDENT PLEASE.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinatina100

Reaction score
Hi,
I plan on attending CSPM at Samuel Merritt next year and I am in a little of a dilemma. I was recently accepted to WesternU Podiatry and the more days pass the more I am wondering if I should attend WesternU instead. People keep telling me that at WesternU I will have a better preparation for Boards since it is a shared curriculum with the DO's. But I have also heard that this makes classes harder and essentially more difficult to keep your GPA up. Also, I have read somewhere that WesternU fails students out easily ?

For current CSPM students, is first year hard? How hard is it took keep grades up? Are professors understanding/good/curve? Is there tutoring available?

I want to attend the school where I will receive the best education but I am afraid about the shared DO curriculum with one school.

I appreciate the advice, thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I plan on attending CSPM at Samuel Merritt next year and I am in a little of a dilemma. I was recently accepted to WesternU Podiatry and the more days pass the more I am wondering if I should attend WesternU instead. People keep telling me that at WesternU I will have a better preparation for Boards since it is a shared curriculum with the DO's. But I have also heard that this makes classes harder and essentially more difficult to keep your GPA up. Also, I have read somewhere that WesternU fails students out easily ?

For current CSPM students, is first year hard? How hard is it took keep grades up? Are professors understanding/good/curve? Is there tutoring available?

I want to attend the school where I will receive the best education but I am afraid about the shared DO curriculum with one school.

I appreciate the advice, thanks!!!!

Have friends at both.

Pick the one you like better.
Take what people tell you with a grain of salt. Only you can know fully well what your strengths and weaknesses are and which environment and program you will do better in.

All programs are hard. It is a medical education. You will study long and hard and you will find time for clinic as well as plenty of time to blow off steam.

Stop listening to other's opinions. Decide with your gut where you will be happiest all 4 years. Either way you will have to work hard.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have friends at both and they are doing fine as long as they put in the work.

Board pass rates are an equal responsibility between the program as well as the PREPARATION OF THE STUDENT.

Going to one program will not magically make you a better board taker.

First year is hard if you are lazy. Bs are manageable as long as you put the time in. A's require exponentially more effort. Professors are understanding, very good teachers, and do curve when necessary. Tutoring is available.

You will find all of the above answers apply to most if not all 9 podiatric medical schools.

No one here can make the decision for you. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM people from the respective programs. But do not wait for someone to make a decision for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Have friends at both and they are doing fine as long as they put in the work.

Board pass rates are an equal responsibility between the program as well as the PREPARATION OF THE STUDENT.

Going to one program will not magically make you a better board taker.

First year is hard if you are lazy. Bs are manageable as long as you put the time in. A's require exponentially more effort. Professors are understanding, very good teachers, and do curve when necessary. Tutoring is available.

You will find all of the above answers apply to most if not all 9 podiatric medical schools.

No one here can make the decision for you. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM people from the respective programs. But do not wait for someone to make a decision for you.
Where re you attending? How do you like it?

How are the professors like? Are any exams ever curved?
Professors are great and extremely understanding.

Exams are curved if there is a need. There is no need to curve unless there is a drastic point difference or the entire class is failing.

Most classes are not curved. There is no need to if you put in the work.

Professors are great and extremely understanding.

Exams are curved if there is a need. There is no need to curve unless there is a drastic point difference or the entire class is failing.

Most classes are not curved. There is no need to if you put in the work.
Thank you. I would also like to ask you, what is the toughtest first semester class. I was told physio but I would like to get your opinion. In addition, should I print out lecture slides or no?

Thank you. I would also like to ask you, what is the toughtest first semester class. I was told physio but I would like to get your opinion. In addition, should I print out lecture slides or no?

Yes physio is still difficult. However, given enough time you can still pass and do well.

It is medical school curriculum. One lecture may be up to 100+ slides.
Printing out slides may be inefficient.

I switched over to a Surface Pro for that specific reason.

Yes.

We all did. Dr. Gilson is still teaching.

If you have questions regarding specific professors, please private message.

It is not prudent to name drop for this purpose on a public forum.
How can I PM you? Sorry new to this

Yes.

We all did. Dr. Gilson is still teaching.

If you have questions regarding specific professors, please private message.

It is not prudent to name drop for this purpose on a public forum.

Good to hear Carol still kicking it at CSPM!