CSULB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought Id start a thread for this school.

I am waitlisted higher tier. Any others in this waiting game? Also did you email back a response? I was confused by the format of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will definitely go to the open house and decide from there if I accept my high tier position!

Oh no, Im already a first year at a PT school. I just grew up in soCal and know how difficult CSULB is to get into

Yes, it would be great if I do get accepted. Happy for you! :) Any advice as a first year? I plan to study origins and insertions of muscles.

Yes, it would be great if I do get accepted. Happy for you! :) Any advice as a first year? I plan to study origins and insertions of muscles.

Honestly just enjoy the time you have off do something you want to do, take some trips and detox from all school things. Otherwise the burnout will be real. If you do want to study something to feel "prepared" I suggest studying the location of every muscle in terms of the surrounding muscles and boney structures. Use a 3D anatomy app like essential anatomy, if you can learn to recognize things like "this is the where the middle trap is and under it is the rhomboids, and under the mid trap on the scapula above the scapular spine is the supraspinatus". Might seem simple but this will set you up to really dominate cadaver lab and practicals. Learning origin, insertion, actions and innervation as well as blood supply may be taught with different specificity depending on your professors and program which is one of the reasons I would pass over it for now.

Reactions: 1 user
When did you guys submit your cal state apply app? I submitted mine in November but I still haven’t heard back from CSULB.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

When did you guys submit your cal state apply app? I submitted mine in November but I still haven’t heard back from CSULB.

I submitted and sent transcripts early December

Honestly just enjoy the time you have off do something you want to do, take some trips and detox from all school things. Otherwise the burnout will be real. If you do want to study something to feel "prepared" I suggest studying the location of every muscle in terms of the surrounding muscles and boney structures. Use a 3D anatomy app like essential anatomy, if you can learn to recognize things like "this is the where the middle trap is and under it is the rhomboids, and under the mid trap on the scapula above the scapular spine is the supraspinatus". Might seem simple but this will set you up to really dominate cadaver lab and practicals. Learning origin, insertion, actions and innervation as well as blood supply may be taught with different specificity depending on your professors and program which is one of the reasons I would pass over it for now.

Well said. Thank you for taking the time writing all this :)

Still impatiently waiting... goodluck :)

Currently on high-tier waitlist too! Wish we had a little more information about it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you heard back yet aym?

Currently on high-tier waitlist too! Wish we had a little more information about it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Unfortunately, CSULB doesn’t disclose information regarding the waitlist. However, I do know that a decent amount of students are accepted from the high-tier waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know anything about the movement on high tier waitlist? Or when CSULB start date and orientation is? Any info would be appreciated!

Does anyone know anything about the movement on high tier waitlist? Or when CSULB start date and orientation is? Any info would be appreciated!

I looked at the past few years on these forums, general trend seemed to happen in the first two weeks of February. I’m in the same boat as you, not a clue with limited information.

I got put on the 'High Tier' waitlist yesterday

I got put on the 'High Tier' waitlist yesterday

I guess this means some students moved from higher tier to accepted and lower tier to higher tier. Good luck!

Does anyone know how many people are usually on high tier?

Anybody hear back from USC yet? I applied mid August. They’re my last school to hear from

I tried asking in the forums, but does anyone know about the $8k grant CSULB gives their students each year? I heard a lot of students talking about it at the open house but I am not sure how it works