CSULB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futurept247

Reaction score
Hello! Does anyone have any insight into CSULB’s DPT program? I’m trying to choose between Long Beach and another SoCal program right now

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! So I just accepted my admission for CSULB DPT. I am still waiting to hear from another school also but I did not want to lose my spot there as I had already declined UCSF. As far as I can tell there is no deposit to hold my spot at LB which I found odd. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have accepted mine too. No deposit. I have been trying to find more people on here that have accepted. You’re the first one I have found. After you accepted the offer did you get an official email from the school yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have accepted mine too. No deposit. I have been trying to find more people on here that have accepted. You’re the first one I have found. After you accepted the offer did you get an official email from the school yet?

I just emailed back and forth with Jeff and sent my signed document but that's it. No emails other than the ones he sent out.

I just emailed back and forth with Jeff and sent my signed document but that's it. No emails other than the ones he sent out.

Gotcha. Same here. Well congrats! Hopefully I see you this summer.

Why did you choose CSULB over UCSF/SFSU?
Hi! So I just accepted my admission for CSULB DPT. I am still waiting to hear from another school also but I did not want to lose my spot there as I had already declined UCSF. As far as I can tell there is no deposit to hold my spot at LB which I found odd. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Why did you choose CSULB over UCSF/SFSU?
I went to an info session back in May and completely loved it. They have renovated facilities and super passionate faculty. It was hard to choose between UCSF and LB but it comes down to cost of living and having to travel around to 3 different campuses in SF. It adds up to being just as expensive as a private school. LB seems to be more reasonable price wise and the feeling I got while there really sold me.

Does anybody know how many people are in the high tier waitlist and what are the chances of getting in if you are in high tier waitlist?

Probably not super high. It all depends on if people deny their acceptance which is unlikely. Then you have to compete with like 20-30 other people on the waitlist for that spot. Don't hold your breath.

Does anybody know how many people are in the high tier waitlist and what are the chances of getting in if you are in high tier waitlist?
With a 36 person cohort, the chances are slim. But I wouldn't lose hope, anything can happen. For example, I declined CSULB's offer to be on the high-teir waitlist five days ago, so that should help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get accepted off the waitlist?

I saw last years trend and people are getting pulled during mid to late March. People are probably giving up their seats last minute, easy to hold a seat for LB since there's no deposit required.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for letting us know. I guess I'll wait for mine in my email soon.

Just for future reference for future students on the waitlist. Bc honestly it was agonizing.

I applied Normal Cycle (not early decision)

I was on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB.
(Jan. 15th. 2020)

Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed today.
(April 27th, 2020)

Just for future reference for future students on the waitlist. Bc honestly it was agonizing.

I was on High Tier Waitlist for CSULB.
(Jan. 15th. 2020)

Cohort is Full & Waitlist closed today.
(April 27th, 2020)

Same here. High tier and got rejected today

Same here. High tier and got rejected today

Stay hopeful for the next round! Try applying for early decision. You got this

(Unless you already got accepted somewhere else! Then disregard this hah but still you got this!! )