CSUN vs CSULB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidrats

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got acceptances to both programs. They're the same price and pretty similar location, and have the same downside (3yrMPT). Does anyone know more about them? I haven't been able to find much online and I can't get down for a tour for a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Did they phone you? My friend is doing Nursing at CSULB and she loves it. I find information online to be limited too. If I get accepted to either schools I will be going down there for a tour, so will let you know if I get there before you!

Last edited:
Congrats!! :thumbup: Did you have to interview for either school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, no they both sent a letter in the mail - I didn't interview, I don't think they do that. Both schools told me they only sent out enough acceptances to fill the class ~34. CSULB's deadline was last Friday, so more people should be hearing soon.

CSULB's deadline was last Friday, so more people should be hearing soon.

Well, that's a shame. Guess I'm not getting in. They still haven't processed my transcript that I had mailed to them over 3 weeks ago and they said they needed it to finish my application review. There goes one in-state school :(

Thanks, no they both sent a letter in the mail - I didn't interview, I don't think they do that. Both schools told me they only sent out enough acceptances to fill the class ~34. CSULB's deadline was last Friday, so more people should be hearing soon.

Thanks for the info.

I think since they are both Cal states the programs are pretty equal. If it was up to me I would base my decision on location. Even though CSULB has a bad stigma for being in Long Beach, there are a lot of nice places around there both to live and visit.
CSUN is most definitely a commuter school and not much to do. I know you won't have much free time in school but you will have some and it would be best spent not in the valley (CSUN).

Thanks, that's pretty much what I've been hearing, everyone seems to be in agreement.

has anyone else heard back? i havent heard yet an im anxious to know..are you sure both schools already sent out all their acceptances? i know theres a chance to get in if youre an alternate, but i didnt even hear back about that yet.

has anyone else heard back? i havent heard yet an im anxious to know..are you sure both schools already sent out all their acceptances? i know theres a chance to get in if youre an alternate, but i didnt even hear back about that yet.

I haven't heard back yet either. Here's to hoping both schools are a little slow about sending out their acceptances... knowing the CSU's with their budget cuts, I wouldn't doubt it :D

I haven't heard back yet either. Here's to hoping both schools are a little slow about sending out their acceptances... knowing the CSU's with their budget cuts, I wouldn't doubt it :D

I've only spoken w/ CSULB, but to my understanding, they are still just beginning to send out letters, and will be doing so through April, so they have not sent out all acceptances yet! So hopefully that's good news to some people.

I've only spoken w/ CSULB, but to my understanding, they are still just beginning to send out letters, and will be doing so through April, so they have not sent out all acceptances yet! So hopefully that's good news to some people.

thanks!! i feel better now =D

I just heard back from CSUN yesterday (letter mail). I'm on the alternates list =( My hope is diminishing again haha..

Edit:
I got my acceptance letter today!

Last edited:
I just heard back from CSUN yesterday (letter mail). I'm on the alternates list =( My hope is diminishing again haha..

Edit:
I got my acceptance letter today!
Hey, what number were you on the alternate list??
Thanks and Congrats!