CT Anesthesia reference text

Started by txdoc2b
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

txdoc2b

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone reccomend a good reference text for doing hearts? I'm graduating next month and starting my job in Aug. I'll be doing some hearts there, and being that I didn't do a fellowship, I'll admit I am a little nervous!

But I was just wondering if there's a good book out there that's easy to use for quick reference and just kind of reviews the basics of CT Anesthesia?

Thanks!
 
I like Hensley's book. Not a full textbook, has landmark and relevant articles referenced, and is an outline format.

Not sure how beneficial it is, though, since I haven't done hearts, but our program gives it to all the residents.
 
I liked the Hensley book too. I am not doing hearts in pp, so I just listed this book on Ebay. Mint condition. Feel free to buy it! It is easy to read because of the outline format.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm about to graduate and I have $1500 I need to spend left in my book fund!! I'm just wondering, mostly for those of you already or newly in practice, are there any really good texts that you really recommend that I have for starting practice? I'm going to be doing hearts, so I want a good CV book, but also, just any other basic books that you have found useful when starting out on your own. I want to take advantage of my book fund as much as possible!

I already have Millers, Morgan and Makail (sp?), Faust, Surgical procedures for anesthesiologist, (something like that, forgot the exact name) and mini version of coxisting disease. What else is highly recommended?

Thanks!