CU Denver

Started by eheck
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eheck

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received my acceptance to CU Denver's DPT program and was wondering if anyone else has and what their thoughts are? I'm really excited about the program. However I'm a bit nervous/hesitant about being the first cohort to try their new curriculum and doing 8 months of an internship AFTER graduation.
 
congrats eheck! i haven't been notified yet... i hope they gave out denials with the first round of offers; at least i can then assume i am not out completely. CU is actually my top choice, and the internship aspect is really exciting to me. i feel that they will do well to prepare students for that transition.
 
denied... wow. that took me by a little bit of a surprise. not even waitlisted. what a wonderful valentine's day.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations OP! Good program with some new, up-and-coming passiontate profs and adjunct faculty. Campus continues to grow and is progressive too. I attended the other Colorado PT program. Can't go wrong with either. Programs will slowly be moving toward the internship after graduation; why not be a first? Also, audiologists do this too (except they are paid...).
 
I just received my acceptance to CU Denver's DPT program and was wondering if anyone else has and what their thoughts are? I'm really excited about the program. However I'm a bit nervous/hesitant about being the first cohort to try their new curriculum and doing 8 months of an internship AFTER graduation.

I wasn't aware of the internship after graduation - can you explain this a little bit more? CU is currently my top choice as well.
 
I wasn't aware of the internship after graduation - can you explain this a little bit more? CU is currently my top choice as well.

I was also accepted and will be attending CU! The new internship set-up is a year long, paid internship...you complete 16 weeks of it while you're still a student, then you graduate, take the board exam, and complete 7-8 more months as a licensed PT. The program itself is slightly shorter than before, and you are paid for the whole internship, even before you graduate (but not a full PT salary). I was also hesitant at first, but I think the guarantee of having consistent one-on-one mentorship as a new grad will make it extremely beneficial. I have heard great things from previous students about the quality of clinical education within the program, so I am excited about the new curriculum model.
 
I was also accepted and will be attending CU! The new internship set-up is a year long, paid internship...you complete 16 weeks of it while you're still a student, then you graduate, take the board exam, and complete 7-8 more months as a licensed PT. The program itself is slightly shorter than before, and you are paid for the whole internship, even before you graduate (but not a full PT salary). I was also hesitant at first, but I think the guarantee of having consistent one-on-one mentorship as a new grad will make it extremely beneficial. I have heard great things from previous students about the quality of clinical education within the program, so I am excited about the new curriculum model.

That's exciting - thanks for the information!