Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you consider the ulnar antidromic sensory response across the elbow to be neccesary to diagnose cubital tunnel syndrome (CuTS), after the motor response shows an abnormal response - i.e. does it have to be done, and does it have to be abnormal?
The reason I ask is that I periodically see signficiantly abnormal motor responses but normal sensory responses across the elbow, and I also see other docs' reports showing a Dx of CuTS without a proximal segment sensory being done - it seems many electromyographers only know how to do a distal stim for sensories.
I also periodically see EMG'ers who do a motor stim at the wrist, another above the elbow and diagnose CuTS without an across the elbow segment - no below elbow stim.
The reason I ask is that I periodically see signficiantly abnormal motor responses but normal sensory responses across the elbow, and I also see other docs' reports showing a Dx of CuTS without a proximal segment sensory being done - it seems many electromyographers only know how to do a distal stim for sensories.
I also periodically see EMG'ers who do a motor stim at the wrist, another above the elbow and diagnose CuTS without an across the elbow segment - no below elbow stim.