China and Eastern Asia CUHK medicine interview tips (for non-jupas applicants)

Started by JCYL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JCYL

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been PM'ed many many times in the past by members who're interested in applying for medicine (MBChB) at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Most of the queries are in relation to the interview process; so instead of answering individual PMs which will take forever, I decided to write a blog post or two on this topic.

If you're interested, you may view it at:

http://hkmed.blogspot.com

I think I haven't missed anything in the blog entries, but if you do have queries, I'll try my best to answer them in my blog. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
JCYL,

Thanks so much for your blog. There's no info abt the writer for the blog so I cant contact you for specific questions.

I applied before the early consideration deadline for CUHk this year...on the website they said applicants might be notified between feb-march...so I called the lady in the faculty of medicine ytd. She told me they have started to invite ppl for interviews as well as rejecting ppl as well.since the website for checking status is temporarily unavailable...I have no idea what my status is for now. But then she has clearly stated that for degree-holders-yet-to be, they might not give them interviews until their final gpa is out...

my concern is that...i will be graduating in june with my major completed...but I still have to do my last quarter of honors research until end of july...so before that i wouldnt have my final overall gpa in hand...do you have any advice for me? I am worried that having interviews that less will lower my chance of getting in...

THANKS A LOT!

Desperate soul,
mcdbruins.