Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
UAB
hrem.nci.nih.gov
Status
MD/PhD Student
I just got the email from UAB's MSTP Director, and I'm in! Now that I've recovered from the fall off of my chair, I'm telling everyone I know...which includes my fellow SDNers. I want to thank all of you who have given me advice and encouragement over the last few months. God has blessed me richly!

JP and gfunk6...see ya soon.

gizzdogg

keeper of the three lions
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2001
Visit site
Status
congrats coldchemist! i'll be starting the program there with you this fall. i'm happy that things are working out for you. see you in a few months!

About the Ads

GlcNac

Senioritis
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2003
Senioritis
Visit site
Status
congratulations coldchemist! i think your resilience and optimism this application season has been awesome and i'm really glad that things worked out for you :clap:

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
www.studentdoctor.net
Status
MD/PhD Student
Awesome! Congratulations! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Alabama?

Sounds like your life will be busy for quite some time. :)

Don't forget to slack off tonight, and go out and have some fun!

Doctor&Geek

25 > 5 / 15 < 8
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2002
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
coldchemist said:
I just got the email from UAB's MSTP Director, and I'm in! Now that I've recovered from the fall off of my chair, I'm telling everyone I know...which includes my fellow SDNers. I want to thank all of you who have given me advice and encouragement over the last few months. God has blessed me richly!

I guess I have to crawl out of the woodwork :D.

Congratulations!

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
UAB
hrem.nci.nih.gov
Status
MD/PhD Student
Thanks guys! It's been an enourmous pleasure going through this with all of you. Good luck to all those still waiting on word. :)

mentoz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2004
Status
I'm so happy for you!!!! this is silly but as I was going through the forum the other day, I just thought to myself as I saw that you posted somewhere "this person is gonna get in somewhere" and lucky you, it's to UAB!

Nuel

15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
Rap Group Home
Visit site
Status
coldchemist said:

Yeah, I remember reading your previous posts. Congrats man! Really happy for you :clap: :clap: :clap:

This news probably takes off some of my wounds/stress the MCAT imposed upon an unwilling me last Saturday. Trusting Providence mate as per last Saturday; came out feeling like a 26.

Congrats once again, and best of luck as you course the journey that could eventually lead to a Nobel Prize in science :love: :cool:

Nuel

15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
Rap Group Home
Visit site
Status
coldchemist said:
Thanks guys! It's been an enourmous pleasure going through this with all of you. Good luck to all those still waiting on word. :)
I think every MSTP applicant on SDN has got word :D

Fixed Gear

Highly Acetylated Locus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2001
Status
Pure Awesomeness, CC.

noy

Senioritis Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2003
East Coast
Visit site
Status
Let me chime in and say congratulations as well! We've all seen your long process and are so proud you made it! Good luck in the next 'n' years!

adesua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
Just when you thought the thread was ended...

CONGRATULATIONS COLD CHEMIST!!!!!!!!

I like the words GlcNAC used "resilience" and "optimism".
I'll add "determination".

Allow me to share in your excitement and I wish you all the best in the years ahead.

StanfordGirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hey Coldchemist,

A belated congratulations on your acceptance. From your posts on SDN I can imagine you'll be an awesome physician-scientist!!!

:)

About the Ads