Cumulative GPA in AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alg200

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have never seen an AADSAS app and I'm curious how AADSAS works in terms of documenting past degrees. I graduated undergrad in 2000 with a 2.6 GPA in communications. I did not take any science courses during undergrad.

Since then I've gotten a master's degree in education with a 3.6 GPA. I have gone back to undergrad and taken most of my Prereq's for dental school. I have a 3.7 science GPA and I should get an A in college writing and lit (I retook these classes because I was upset about the initial grades I received during undergrad and noticed they were a prereq for dental school) I will be applying to dental school next summer once all my prereq's are completed.

So my question to you is how do people document a cumulative GPA on an AADSAS app. I am afraid I'm going to be penalized for my undergrad GPA in 2000. Is the cumulative GPA something that is separated by the different times that you were in school? Do I include the science and english classes I am now taking in this cumulative GPA?

Thanks,

Adam

Members don't see this ad.

alg200 said:
I have never seen an AADSAS app and I'm curious how AADSAS works in terms of documenting past degrees. I graduated undergrad in 2000 with a 2.6 GPA in communications. I did not take any science courses during undergrad.

Since then I've gotten a master's degree in education with a 3.6 GPA. I have gone back to undergrad and taken most of my Prereq's for dental school. I have a 3.7 science GPA and I should get an A in college writing and lit (I retook these classes because I was upset about the initial grades I received during undergrad and noticed they were a prereq for dental school) I will be applying to dental school next summer once all my prereq's are completed.

So my question to you is how do people document a cumulative GPA on an AADSAS app. I am afraid I'm going to be penalized for my undergrad GPA in 2000. Is the cumulative GPA something that is separated by the different times that you were in school? Do I include the science and english classes I am now taking in this cumulative GPA?

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

I once had the same question you did because my first year GPA was not so hot. Don't you hate that, it brings the GPA down so much! (If I would've just puts some effort in my first year! sigh) Here's how it works... Your cumulative GPA is ALL, yes ALL, courses you have ever taken in your college career - community college and university. Wether it was 5 years ago, or whatever, it will be included in your Cum GPA. When you apply, you include all classes that you have taken so far (one's that will reflect on your transcript). Then, later you can submit a new transcript to AADSAS when your new grades come in. So, if you are finished with your english and science course by the time you apply, then yes, you will need to include them in your calculation.

Thanks for your help. Would I include the grades that I recieved in classes for my Masters with my undergrad grades in my cumulative GPA? I would think that would be serparate....right?

Members don't see this ad :)
alg200 said:
Thanks for your help. Would I include the grades that I recieved in classes for my Masters with my undergrad grades in my cumulative GPA? I would think that would be serparate....right?

Yes, you enter them seperately.

I was told that AADAS does not replace the new grade with old grade you got, is it true? Is that why my AADAS GPA is lower then my school transcript?