CUNY City and Hunter College postbacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pompompurin

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have information on these two Postbacc programs, pros and cons and what their percentage of postbaccs get accepted to medical school?

Which would be better for a postbacc in need of boosting their gpa?

thanks!
 
pompompurin said:
Does anyone have information on these two Postbacc programs, pros and cons and what their percentage of postbaccs get accepted to medical school?

Which would be better for a postbacc in need of boosting their gpa?

thanks!


Our Premed advisor of many years now is leaving to go to Hunter. She is a great one and she alone might be reason to go to Hunter. Our premed committee is now in disarray. I am lucky to have her write my letter before she leaves in October and I am already applying but for those new students that come in, the future is uncertain.

I am a Biology graduate from City and they do prepare you well as far as course work is concerned but the first 2 biology classes are a waste. You learn nothing. The Chem, Orgo, Phys are good.

As far as GPA is concerned either school will not be easy. Here at City you will have to work hard for your A because that equates to a 95 or better average in classes. Professors here don't give a damn they give you what you earned period. Sucking up will get you now where with these guys as they don't have to worry about Alumni complaining about poor grade distribution or parents for that matter. CUNY follows this general trend. I hope this helps you and if this sounds like a dismal reply its because its the truth.
 
Wasn't there, like, some epic thread that was started on this topic?

Hmpf. Can't seem to find it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr. Adventure said:
Wasn't there, like, some epic thread that was started on this topic?

Hmpf. Can't seem to find it.

Yep. I think there was but I couldn't find it either.

If anyone else has an idea how Hunter's premed office is doing please post!

Thanks!!!
 
pompompurin said:
Yep. I think there was but I couldn't find it either.

If anyone else has an idea how Hunter's premed office is doing please post!

Thanks!!!

The epic thread (called Hunter hunter hunter!) just got bumped today by someone posting to it, so it's front and center on this forum today.

I suggest reading it. I also suggest you join the Hunter post-bacc yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreHealthPostBacc because it has a crap load of information in it, and it is a sort of mini-SDN for hunter postbaccs.

The pre-med office is in the midst of a turnover as our pre-med advisor has retired (but is still working part time on a consulting basis) and the new one (from City College) will be starting in October.

IMHO, Hunter's great, but again, read the Hunter thread and check out the yahoo page. That will give you more than enough information.