Curbside question: trying to conceive post GI CT scan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol Jock 99

MD supporter!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Quick question: I recently (late June) had an appendectomy, which of course, included a CT scan of my lower GI. My wife and I are trying to have a baby, but she JUST read in one of her Rad Bio books (she is a Rad Onc resident) that you shouldn’t try to conceive within 6 months of having a lower GI scan.

Can anyone confirm?? Also, I’m fully aware that facts and circumstances may vary, you aren’t my doc, and all the normal legal disclaimers!! :D

Many thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Quick question: I recently (late June) had an appendectomy, which of course, included a CT scan of my lower GI. My wife and I are trying to have a baby, but she JUST read in one of her Rad Bio books (she is a Rad Onc resident) that you shouldn't try to conceive within 6 months of having a lower GI scan.

Can anyone confirm?? Also, I'm fully aware that facts and circumstances may vary, you aren't my doc, and all the normal legal disclaimers!! :D

Many thanks!!

You're right, this forum isn't for seeking medical advice. There are no 'normal legal disclamers'. Consult a health care professional, understand the risks and make an informed decision. It isn't appropriate to do it on SDN. If, God forbid, in the unlikely event you were to have a child with birth anomalies, I doubt anyone on SDN would want to be on record as having given you the green light to try to conceive. Whatever you decide, I hope things turn out well for you.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.