curious about financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.2be

Patiently Waiting
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm applying this coming year and I am a canadian. The reason I am posting is because I know carrib schools are expensive and so are US med schools and I'm thinking of applying to both (only to U.S. schools that will take international applicants). I was wondering how some people have paid for school since I am no elligible for US financial aid and I'm NOT RICH. What options do I have to pay for the high tuitions?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.2be said:
Hey,
I'm applying this coming year and I am a canadian. The reason I am posting is because I know carrib schools are expensive and so are US med schools and I'm thinking of applying to both (only to U.S. schools that will take international applicants). I was wondering how some people have paid for school since I am no elligible for US financial aid and I'm NOT RICH. What options do I have to pay for the high tuitions?

PRIVATE LOANS and scholarships.

MD/PHD programs pay for tuition and other expenses.

Some people have over 150,000$ in loans after they graduate so don't get discouraged about this because you will supposively make enough in the future to compensate for this.

I hope this helps,
psychedoc2b

CanHelp, Royal Bank, BMO, TD Bank and some outside money.

McGillGrad said:
CanHelp, Royal Bank, BMO, TD Bank and some outside money.
Thanks to the replies; they are helpful:)